Solution to treating windscreen before applying external Briskoda stickers.

I have read some of the guys complaining that the sticker curls and peels off.

Anyway you need to make sure you clean the windscreen properly. Soapy water to clean and just sticking the sticker with a sqigee is not enough. Especially if putting external window stickers on.

For best results for long lasting stickers is to clean windscreen with warm soapy water. Then the steps as follows

- dry the window

- rub your hand over the window and you will feel roughness.

- this roughness is all the toxins and contaminations left on the window. This is things like tar dots, dead insects and chemicals from the rain that damage the window as rain carries dust.

- get a fine grade wire wool.

- rub this on you whole window taking care you don't scratch the paint work.

- once you have done the whole window wipe off with a microfibre cloth.

- run your hand along the window and it should feel beautiful and smooth like new paint job on a car.

- then apply the sticker with warm soapy water if necessary. Remove all bubbles.

- once the sticker is dry it will make a perfect seal with the window that the toxins and contaminants are not there to eat away at the sticker

- for best results once applied clean and protect your window with rain repellent such as rain-x.

- everybody is a winner.

I hope you all find this useful.

Kindest regards

Gaz

• Like 1

I had problems sticking my forum sticker on the inside after cleaning the glass.

I found after a few tries,

that apart from cleaning is when u apply the sticker - is to leave the sticker on there for a few minutes (DO NOT REMOVE the backing paper) - then after a few minutes, the sticker should have a better adhesion to the glass so now remove the backing paper.

That's my experience anyway :)

• 1 year later...