Chop it in window

I agree. I feel skoda are trying to punch above their weight in a niche with a glass ceiling.

Personally they should remain offering good rival products to vauxhall and ford, and, keep the world's taxi fleet moving.

That's one thing I wish they wouldn't do, I bloody hate taxi drivers around by me!

• Like 2

Things have changed massively with Skoda, in fact I can't think of another brand that's had the same sort of transformation. People of my age will remember the old jokes and stigma attached. I clearly remember buying my first Octavia mk1 VRS in about 2002. The responses when asked what I was driving were a mixture of jokes, giggles & embarrassed efforts to change the subject they normally saw the point if they ever got to be a passenger but even then they were only surprised I don't think they would have bought one themselves. Over the years with the MK2 and the MK3 several What car Autoexpress awards etc later. the image has changed massively to the point where people are actually impressed you have a Skoda. The problem with this is that skoda have bumped the price up so its almost worth considering premium brands now instead. Ive been looking at Jaguars, BMW, Audi. Skoda still has the edge in terms of value but its getting close.

Case in point....I think a vRS TDI wagon is a great car....i just really dont think it is a £25k-odd car base as it is now.

But I suppose you can say the same about many other vehicles now....you dont get alot of change from 30k from a decent 120d, and a good but relatively boring 320d ED Business auto saloon will cost you about £33k.

Goes to show how things have changed...back in 2002 my old man bought a new well spec'd 330Ci Sport convertible (was an M Sport really but before they renamed it) and that was only £35k comparitively.....his E46 M3 coupe with some spec in 2005 was £42k. You cant get an M3 Coupe now for less than £60k new....its just bonkers IMHO.

• Like 1