Dog guard

Johnginger

i want a dog guard for our yeti but I don't fancy drilling anything to allow fitting , does anyone know if the genuine one is easy fitting , our yeti is a mk 2 one .

I've got the genuine dog guard, bought it off a well known auction site, looked at fitting it myself, ended up getting a bodyshop to fit. It's a real P.I.T.A. Very good quality though.

I don't think any dog guards will allow the parcel shelf to be fitted at the same time.

Err.... the genuine skoda net that I have does...

That's not a solid guard as such but is flexible enough to still use the parcel shelf and I wish that I saw that option when ordering the car.

Suppose it depends on the size of the dog. Ours is just a Shih Tzu and she's quite happy in the boot in her bed with the rear middle seat back down. We've got a dog guard net that I put across the gap to stop her climbing through into the cabin although she's never tried it.

p.s. should add that I leave the parcel shelf on so she is enclosed. The net is on a frame and is permanently tucked down the back of the seats to keep it in place.

Edited by longedge

I don't think any dog guards will allow the parcel shelf to be fitted at the same time.

But after refitting the back of my car after fitting the tow electrics I had a little play around with the parcel shelf and with quite a bit of jiggling and manoeuvring you can get the parcel in with the travall dog guard fitted.

But why you would want to have both in at the same time is beyond me.

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

But why you would want to have both in at the same time is beyond me.

I don't want to keep removing the dog guard and don't want to drive around with a open boot space.

In my Fabia estate I fitted the dog guard when I got the car 10 years ago and it's been there all the time but the Fabia has a retractable tonneau cover that covers the boot when the dog is not in there

Ditto. At the weekends we have the dog in the car.

During the week it's mostly just me, and I have laptop & other valuables to carry around and don't really want to leave them on show.

If I had a dog guard that didn't allow easy fitment of the parcel shelf without the entire thing having to be removed, I would find that a real PITA.

The load net doesn't even need manipulation to allow the shelf to be fitted. It is placed correctly so it allows simple & easy access to fit the shelf itself unhindered.

• Like 1