Can anyone recomend front shocks 2010 1.6 TDI OCTAVIA

Have noticed recently oil is weeping out of both front shocks and will need replacement soon before MOT. I am wondering oil or gas filled shock ??? Is there any issue with replacing will i need to get tracking - wheel alignment  checked after seem to remember reading somthing about it ??

Thanks

can't fault bilstein b4 OEM replacements shocks as they may be even be cheaper the ones from skoda

check out the part numbers from the bilstien website

http://www.bilstein.de/en-uk/products/search-service/online-catalogue/

for a 1.6 it will be the 50mm ones

yes it is best to get the alignment checked afterwards, it is also worth getting your top mounts with bearings replaced if the car has done more than 100k as it saves on labour costs at later date if they become noisy.

Yup B4's will be getting put on mines very soon, 2012 1.6TDI, same as above with them leaking. B4 seem the best OEM replacement

G

Edited by Taxi_G

Any idea were i can get these

22-131607 Parts Description BILSTEIN - B4 Gas (Replacement) for £40 each as struggling to find anything ????

The ones you need for your car are slightly more expensive. £53.24 to be exact. I have PM'd you the link as I am not privy to posting links of super cheap deals on parts on a public forum. While stocks last and all that