Picking up fabia SE L tomorrow afternoon ... Hopefully .

Evening all hope all is well ?

Just thought I would start a new post saying that finally after many months of waiting my new fabia is ready for collection tomorrow ... Hopefully if all goes to plan regarding my adaptions ( hand controls etc) . To say I'm excited is an understatement ... I'm just counting down the hours and minutes .

The spec I have gone for is as follows :

1.4 tdi 7spd dsg ( first ever time using dsg any useful tips ?)

Race blue

All the usual sel bits and bobs

Many thanks hope I didn't bore you too much ... Thanks for reading

Ps what are you views on your new fabia ... Pros and cons ?

• Like 3

Pros: Ride and handling. Super-relaxed ride. Smoothness that belies its class.. could do a European tour in it and be fresh at the end. That's down to good engineering and targetting a particular market. Just don't visit the Nürburgring!

Another Pro: Internal comfort and SE L standard equipment. Star of the show is the sound system which is really really good! Front seats are very comfy and space is perfect for people of standard 5' 8" (175cm) size.

Cons: Struggling to find one.. centre armrest? you'll get that with the SE L. Its fine but kinda in the way most of the time, so you'll raise it to vertical and forget it. So much good storage in the car already that it's inbuilt storage compartment isn't needed either.

DSG: I don't have it, got the 5 speed manual with the 90ps 1.2 engine, SE L trim. BUT, I do know DSG from test riding Honda bikes with dual clutch auto transmission, so relax about it, it works far better than the old style automatics, more direct and "natural"... like a manual gearbox that changes at the exact moment you would do it but without your help.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you enjoy your new car.

?

What sort or make of Hand Controls are you having fitted,

and are you familiar with these on other automatics?

Will the fitter be taking you out on a test drive using these with the DSG?

I have driven over the past few years a few hand use only accelerator & brake DSG vehicles petrol and diesel and they are good,

but the slight difference can be Hill Hold Control where fitted, and going from Brake to throttle when not using HHC.

All comes naturally enough to most when familiar with Autoboxes and Hand Controls.

george

• Like 1

Cheers for the replies ... Means a lot

Right first off my new fabia is really great I'm really enjoying the driving experience I can't fault it, I have done around 100+ miles in two days so yeah all is well .

Right onto the subject of my hand controls, I have had jeff gosling push and pull hand control with indicator switch, which I am used too as I have used them on my other vehicles so it wasn't really an issue with the fabia, I just asked the salesman how to use the dsg box as it's the first time I have used it but all seems well ATM so I'm happy.

Now finally I don't know if it's just me but when I come to a stop in the fabia, say at a roundabout the car tends to slightly move forward is that normal ?

Cheers ash .

Pleased for you that all is well.

Do you mean stopped with you pushing on the brake and creeping

or are you sitting in Drive and no brake applied?

?

And do you have Hill Hold Control,

Come off the Brake when the Brake has been applied hard enough and the brake system holds the car until you are on the throttle?

?

Did the Dealership or the Hand Control Fitter discuss the Disability Settings available for them to adjust,

More or less Steering Assistance, and More Braking Assistance. ?

Or the other choices, one click opening of all doors or any other available functions that might not 

be on the Factory Settings as delivered to the Dealership.

Tear drop wipe of the wiper, different indicator functions etc.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Cheers once again goneoffski....

Hmm right it might just be me but when I release the hand control the fabia seems to pull forward slightly ... It's taken some getting used to as my old corsa didn't do this !

Yeah I do have hill hold control ... Seems helpful which is great

And finally no nothing was said to me about anything to do with the hand controls apart from where I want my steering ball fitted on the steering wheel ... Would love to know more info about steering and braking assistance ? And again nothing was said from the dealership about more functions .

Cheers once again ash

Even if a car is not being supplied through Motability it is good where a Dealership have a Salesperson with a knowledge of the various 

Built in Assistance Systems on the car already that can be set or reset, 

also Technicians with the knowledge.

Many Motability Cars and others than have had functions enabled get returned and go to Auction or are resold with 

functions like greater Steering Assist set, and new owners wonder why the steering is so light.

Not *Simpy Clever* Just not well trained or were off that day maybe.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/236545-power-steering-adjustment

I have no idea what the All New 3rd Generation Fabia has available.

Edited by goneoffSKi

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah my fabia is using the motobility scheme so ordered though them and the local dealership .... It seemed to me when collecting the fabia some two weeks ago now ... Nothing was mentioned to me about extra functions, and to this day I don't know what all the buttons are and what they do.

Thanks ash

Evening all hope all is well ?

Just thought I would start a new post saying that finally after many months of waiting my new fabia is ready for collection tomorrow ... Hopefully if all goes to plan regarding my adaptions ( hand controls etc) . To say I'm excited is an understatement ... I'm just counting down the hours and minutes .

Ps what are you views on your new fabia ... Pros and cons ?

Glad you have got your new car I have done about 1600 miles  now in my 1.2 TSI sel 90 mainly round town and maybe 2 1hour drives a couple of things to watch for the front doors open very wide so be careful in windy weather the wind caught my door and blew it out of my hand fortunately nothing parked beside me and no damage done. When it rains the roof gutter is not very indented and I have had a couple of wet arms :) apart from that the car is fine. Fuel consumption round town has been 35 to 40 and 50 on a longer run with your diesel engine and dsg your mpg will be better than mine :( anyway have lots of enjoyment out of your new car Best wishes Joe 

Edited by JoePeddos

Yeah my fabia is using the motobility scheme so ordered though them and the local dealership .... It seemed to me when collecting the fabia some two weeks ago now ... Nothing was mentioned to me about extra functions, and to this day I don't know what all the buttons are and what they do.

Thanks ash

I havent got a mk3 myself, ive got a mk2. But if you struggle with anything just post up, somebody will know the answer no doubt (:

Enjoy the car n im sure youll learn little bits here and there as you go on (:

Glad you have got your new car I have done about 1600 miles  now in my 1.2 TSI sel 90 mainly round town and maybe 2 1hour drives a couple of things to watch for the front doors open very wide so be careful in windy weather the wind caught my door and blew it out of my hand fortunately nothing parked beside me and no damage done. When it rains the roof gutter is not very indented and I have had a couple of wet arms :) apart from that the car is fine. Fuel consumption round town has been 35 to 40 and 50 on a longer run with your diesel engine and dsg your mpg will be better than mine :( anyway have lots of enjoyment out of your new car Best wishes Joe

Cheers for the reply joe ... Right first off my fabia is two weeks old yesterday and so far I have done just over 700 miles so I don't think that's too bad ... Again it's been mainly around town few bits of dual carriageway etc just daily driver stuff . I'm averaging around 55-60 mpg ATM so not too bad at all ( had a corsa before 1.4 petrol and I got 35.7 out of that). And yeah I noticed the roof gutter issue I got a soaking myself the other weekend during a rain session that we had ... Not good, all in all I can't fault my fabia I'm chuffed

Cheers ash

I havent got a mk3 myself, ive got a mk2. But if you struggle with anything just post up, somebody will know the answer no doubt (:

Enjoy the car n im sure youll learn little bits here and there as you go on (:

Cheers fabiamk2se ...

Yeah I'm sure I will .... Like I have previously said I'm enjoying skoda ownership can't complain

Cheers ash .

• Like 1