Anyone noticed... ?

I can't agree with your analogy because the car continues to do it's basic job when it rains (i.e. gets you from a to B). A closer analogy is a freezer which has drawers with see through fronts which mist up when you open it so you can't see what's inside. It's a design flaw but not a rejection fault.

I don't like the design of the mirrors, particularly because of the blindspot issue, but I've realised that everything you buy is compromised.

I can't agree with your analogy because the car continues to do it's basic job when it rains (i.e. gets you from a to B). A closer analogy is a freezer which has drawers with see through fronts which mist up when you open it so you can't see what's inside. It's a design flaw but not a rejection fault.

I don't like the design of the mirrors, particularly because of the blindspot issue, but I've realised that everything you buy is compromised.

Yes I agree with you. The car does it's basic job, but look at it this way. You are driving on the highway behind a car in the rain. The driver in front of you slams on his brakes and you see that you won’t stop in time and you will rear end him and that the only solution is for you to change lane. In my case left. But you can’t do that safely because you don’t see on the mirror. If I turn left I'll maybe cause an even bigger accident… Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I don’t feel safe when the window is covered with water.

I'm not really following the issue? Water runs over the window when the vehicle is in motion?

Yes and blocks view on the mirror.

Superb does it too. Although my windows have GTechniq G5 on so the rain just whizzes off and doesn't collect like this.

A dealer / manufacturer certainly isn't going to allow a rejection based on this.