Sidelights

I've tried using a variety of different LED sidelights from eBay to halfords and each ones seem to blow after a few weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ones that people have tried and seem to work fine?

The sidelights are in the dip shell yes?

LED sidelights get overheated by the dip bulbs in that situation, so don't tend to live long.

The Philips "ice white" bulbs can last for literally years and are way whiter than "normal" tungstens.

• 1 month later...

Technically, it's illegal to use any non e-mark bulb on the road, but the chances anyone will catch you are about nil, particularly given that car you've been passing for months with a blown dip headlight and that MoT testers aren't allowed to take bulbs out to look for e-marks.

Not cheap but the ones I bought from Kevin Larkin (on Facebook)  are by far the best I have used IIRC they are about £6.50 each

These are them fitted to the spotlights in my truck (they are 12/24V W5W bulbs) this is just the sidelights on!

IMG_0878_zpszxibdetp.jpg

• Like 1

Not cheap but the ones I bought from Kevin Larkin (on Facebook)  are by far the best I have used IIRC they are about £6.50 each

These are them fitted to the spotlights in my truck (they are 12/24V W5W bulbs) this is just the sidelights on!

IMG_0878_zpszxibdetp.jpg

Will you be getting a portable star for the wagon next?

• Like 1