twincharger. when does your car smoke, and why do you think ?

Oh crap yeah. That slipped my mind. Pass the test in an auto and you can only drive an auto cant ya.

Ah poor lad. I hope he enjoys the thrill rather than being actually too scared aha. That feeling of uncontrollable power is thr best one, gives a right buzz haha.

Oh yeah! Bet insurance is a nightmare isnt it, even with dual controls (guessin you have them)

the duals are a requirement from the insurance for learners to drive lol...

Sounds fun

Does the supercharger completely cut out in the vrs after 4k george? So you dont get a sort of high revving whinning sound near the redline?

How much is a lesson sharkrider? You can teach me to launch a VRS aha

I do need to test drive one tbh aha

launch? I have front and rear H&R anti roll bars , the front one is polybushed, I have eibachs, and track tyres, so the launch is a simple as, foot off brake, full throttle ;)

mine is the black estate, toms the silver ;) *rund from Tom while admitting his was proven to be fast er.... but this vid... ;)

• Like 2

No Supercharger from 3,500 RPM on.

This is just before the 132-136 kw engines.

That will be the 150bhp twincharger a friend has got in her golf GT then? She loves it!

I still fear i may have miissed the wagon for test driving. My dealer didnt even have one in when i looked recently or 6 months ago aha.

VrsPowered and the CAVE with TMC Tuning Box. 211.6 BHP

But show the mini a corner though ;).

Genuinly impressed with my mates GP. Okay its the lightened limited edition version that has a strut brace instead of back seats, and the carbon spoiler stuck to the back (1100kg i think, at the price of practicality), the straight line speed isnt astonishing but its enough to get you corner to corner and explore the handling. Its does handld surprisingly well.

Its a right little laugh tbf.

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Yes they are good, they should be they cost enough.

The latest ones are fast, but then they come on rubbish tyres as standard and on the option wheels.

A bit of a fat lump really and you need the lightened ones.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I was astonished by a recent "evo" mag..... you tend to accept the JCW minis and the for focus ST's are good handling cars, bother of he "latest" generation of these were panned in the last evo test , they really thought they had gone downhill , like the latest mundeo, the ceed GT was said to be better! :o

it came down to the leon 280 and the renault (master of hot hatches) and the renault still won ;)

Has there been a published road test of the Trophy 220 yet?

EDIT.

I only see Magazines talking about the Clio RS 200 & what the 220 Trophy has different,

the Launch is at Goodwood so i do not think any Journalist Testers have driven them yet.

I have driven the Clio 200 EDC and was not that thrilled with the Twin Clutch Box but do expect 

they have that sorted.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I was astonished by a recent "evo" mag..... you tend to accept the JCW minis and the for focus ST's are good handling cars, bother of he "latest" generation of these were panned in the last evo test , they really thought they had gone downhill , like the latest mundeo, the ceed GT was said to be better! :o

it came down to the leon 280 and the renault (master of hot hatches) and the renault still won ;)

The later models yeah probably. The later model cooper s' are turbos and not superchargers too (2007 onwards i think).

My mate opted for the older 2006 GP above the newer GP because of this. All the write ups say the older one is the better car.

I dno, the only new mini ive driven is the with the new 1.5 turbo engine.

• Like 1

The latest Cooper S Works is the fastest yet though,

it was the Auto i drove 2 weeks ago because that is all they have available.

(all i could drive anyway, Fat, American, Lazy, Disabled, Gay & Jolly., 3 out of 6 is not bad!)

But it is turbo'd. And everythingd turbo'd these days.

Superchargers are something a little different arent they

Mine smokes a bit under acceleration when its cold, usually when i'm pulling out of junctions etc.

It uses allot of oil (not enough for the dealer to fix it) but it has ever since I got it, although never noticed the smoke until recently.

Might bring it up with the dealer when it goes in for its next service in a couple of thousand miles.

?

What are they going to do?

If the car runs well,

and you are accepting the oil use, then ensure the spark plugs are good, the correct oil is used and 

99 ron if you can, Tesco Momentum 99 rather than Shell V-Power Nitro.

If it is using too much oil, then do not accept that.

?

What did whoever think was not too much to need fixing, and was that after a Oil Consumption test?

?

What are they going to do?

If the car runs well,

and you are accepting the oil use, then ensure the spark plugs are good, the correct oil is used and 

99 ron if you can, Tesco Momentum 99 rather than Shell V-Power Nitro.

If it is using too much oil, then do not accept that.

?

What did whoever think was not too much to need fixing, and was that after a Oil Consumption test?

Always run it on Tesco Ron 99 - The spark plugs were changed at 10,000 miles as they were ruined causing the car to misfire. 

It had two oil tests before that and one after as they said that was a sign of high oil usage, but then it passed all three times. 

I'm getting rid of the car in about 6 months so I'm not that bothered to make a fuss or waste my time chasing something that they obviously don't care about. 

In case you gave the figures before and i have forgotten.

?

What were the Weights of the Oil in and out and the oil used during the tests according to the Official Tests?

Oil Squirters getting done now,

and if the test showed 0.3 litre per 621 miles covered  (0.3 litre 1000 km)  by calculation,

then maybe talk to Skoda UK.

It is not for a Dealerships staff to care or not,

they get paid to do the work where there is a Warranty, and well paid if they need to do remedial work.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Long, slow drive + hard acceleration = big black cloud.

I once went two weeks between pipe-clearing runs, and a pesky Ford Focus was riding my rear when I happened to hit a posted sharp speed increase. Flooring it created a soot cloud large enough to envelop two Foci  :devil:  For the rest of that journey, there was nothing visible from the driver's seat no matter how hard I accelerated. 

• Like 3

& no Ford Focus up your jacksy.

Usually until the next time you are behind a car, they catch you up and again sit up your bum.

Let them pass and they hold you up, blast past, and next time you are held up they are sitting up your jacksy.

It is the Skoda Way.

Love it really.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

In case you gave the figures before and i have forgotten.

?

What were the Weights of the Oil in and out and the oil used during the tests according to the Official Tests?

Oil Squirters getting done now,

and if the test showed 0.3 litre per 621 miles covered  (0.3 litre 1000 km)  by calculation,

then maybe talk to Skoda UK.

It is not for a Dealerships staff to care or not,

they get paid to do the work where there is a Warranty, and well paid if they need to do remedial work.

I can't find the exact details of my test that they sent to me but my first test used 0.373 litres of oil every 620 miles

I've heard of the new oil squirters as one of my neighbours brought a old CAVE engined VRS and has oil issues so took it to skoda and they fitted these to it, haven't heard from them if its made a difference yet though. 

• Like 1

There are several threads on the Oil Spray Jets and members having Squirters.

Even OzFabia has had them done and he was not using 0.3 litres of oil per 1000 km.

Other members have had new engines fitted after test had shown 0.3 litres per 621 miles from tests.

The Tests are rubbish, some doing them do not do them with accuracy.

If you are happy to go 6 months then get shot fine,

but that why so many get landed with bad cars when buying used, even Skoda Approved Used cars..

You could have a Courtesy car while yours is sorted,

and you can get Refunded by Skoda UK for the Oil you have had to use if they have tests showing it was a Oil 

user, even if not at 0.5 litres per 1000 km.

(1 litre every 1,242 miles, which is a nonsense figure.)

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I would think it is. There is going to be 210-220 bhp there just to be let out.

They have the Manual Polo GTI 1.8 TSI with 320 Nm Torque and the DSG version with only 250Nm.

They show them both as being 192ps minimum.

(protecting the DSG)

Just not with a Valid Warranty with the Ford Fiesta ST 3 door manual and Mountune.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

I would think it is. There is going to be 210-220 bhp there just to be let out.

They have the Manual Polo GTI 1.8 TSI with 320 Nm Torque and the DSG version with only 250Nm.

They show them both as being 192ps minimum.

(protecting the DSG)

Just not with a Valid Warranty with the Ford Fiesta ST 3 door manual and Mountune.

Is of princibly the same engine as the 1.8t GTI 9N2 polo do we know then?