Windscreen Washers/ Wipers

Egon

The Wipers on my 2.0 litre DSG Yeti give 4 wipes before the washers begin to work. How can I reset them so that the washers come on before the wipers?

Is the washer reservoir topped up?
The heated washer jets have a brief delay but nowhere near 4 wipes.

Edited by Urrell

I would suspect that the pipes are draining back. I don't know if there is a non-return valve in there or not, but if yes, it could be this, or it might be a small leak somewhere in the pipework.

Mine gets water on the screen during the first sweep.

Thanks for those suggestions. It has been like this from new (8 months ago) I wondered whether it was programmed to do this but the manual states that the washers should come on before the wipers. 

Thanks for those suggestions. It has been like this from new (8 months ago) I wondered whether it was programmed to do this but the manual states that the washers should come on before the wipers. 

Back to the dealer then.

Back to the dealer then.

Mine gives one "dry" wipe before the water appears. I believe it can be changed by VCDS but I've never bothered.

Fred