Last free service on my Blackline today......

Can't believe we first took delivery of the Blackline nearly 3 years ago. In 4 months time she'll be 3.

Mine has just gone over 30,000 miles now. Never put a foot wrong apart from reversing sensors that don't like getting wet (easily fixed by drawing out any residual water using an absorbent piece of kitchen roll)

It's such a great car. What was nice today was when the service manager handed back my keys and commented on how immaculate mine was. I told him I try and look after my cars....and he should see my Focus RS. He asked me if detailing was a hobby, which it is, but it's nice to get recognition for a bit of tlc we give to our cars.

Edited by thehulkster699
  • Like 1

Mine will be 3 around the same time but I've only done 14k so mine will get it's last free one in October, though I'll have to take it to another dealer as Savilles have left the building. Like yours its not missed a beat and last brim to brim gave me just over 47mpg. Did they change your brake fluid too during the service and have you changed your tyres yet?

Mine will be 3 around the same time but I've only done 14k so mine will get it's last free one in October, though I'll have to take it to another dealer as Savilles have left the building. Like yours its not missed a beat and last brim to brim gave me just over 47mpg. Did they change your brake fluid too during the service and have you changed your tyres yet?

Hi. Yes, my brake fluid was changed. Well, the box is ticked on the service book......so I hope it was done?

My rear tyre are on 3mm now and are the original set. My fronts are on 3mm but I changed them at about 15000 miles, so soon I'll be changing all 4 tyres.

Edited by thehulkster699

Mines on 43000.

3rd set of front tyres.

I need a job closer to home!

But love the Blackline and it's a keeper, plan is 10 years plus.

For the price nothing comes close, except another used Mk2 with lower miles, so keep forever!

• Like 1

I'm keeping mine as well. And we normally change our cars very frequently. I took the car to Derek Slacks in Boro for the service. My daughter was off school due to being poorly so had to come with me. We were nattering so I set cruise to 60mph and just pottered away......by the time we got there (after 25 miles travel) my mpg for the journey was 62mpg. Fantastic. Driving normally round rural roads in North Yorkshire we get about 48mpg over a tank.

Just for a bit of daftness, I've just got a quote from webuyanycar and got offered £10740! Now I know these offers can fluxuate up and down.......but what sort of 2nd hand car could I pick up for that money?!? Nothing!

In looking on autotrader the values of used Blacklines are very strong........

On another note, the only thing I don't like about the Blackline is that the alloys seem VERY prone to getting stone chipped. I've touched up loads of little bits of smashed-off paint........I may look to getting all 4 alloys refurbed in fresh gloss black next year.

Edited by thehulkster699

Tyre wear looks on par to my old 2005 Fabia VRS.

Front tyres having to be changed every 15,000 miles, but rears did 43,000 miles as I don't change the tyres around.

For the first two sets were Continental Contact Sport 2 used at 30,000miles on the front before I started to buy the lowest budget priced tyres at the fraction of the cost.

The budget tyres lasted just- as- long, and give equal good all round grip etc.

Last two tyres cost £65.00 + £20.00 to be fitted & balanced, compared to £275.00 for Continental's.

Getting close to the end of the dealer warranty on mine at 55,600 miles - 100 mile commute every day soon adds up!

My last free service was too long ago! Now switched to variable.