Another wing mirror fallen out

I found a thread on this topic back in 2012.  Like mine the author found that the black paint on the back of the silvering had all just peeled off - fortunately there is enough warning when the glass begins to wobble to avoid loosing the mirror all together.

The thread reported that the author had repainted the back of the mirror and used number plate double sided tape to stick it back on.  Unfortunately he doesn't mention the type of paint which I would have thought might be something special for glass.  It could also be that the paint isn't necessary.

Any guidance please.

Many thanks 

Rob

(07 plate TDI estate)

Stuck mine back on ages ago mate, using spray contact adhesive. Weirdly, it worked a treat.

Not fallen off yet. :)

I've got various mirrors for a pre-FL Octaviathat I'm happy to send out free (if postage covered).

Some have come away from backing. One has a very minor defect in the glass.

PM me if interested.