Hello, newbie after some PDC advice please!

Hi, I have a 2010 Fabia Konbi and the rear PDC isn't working.

I have read through many posts but can't fine any with similar symptoms as I'm pretty sure it's not a sensor.

When reverse is engaged I get one high pitched beep followed by a second different pitch beep, then stops.

The car graphic comes up on the stereo but nothing more.

With reverse engaged and the ignition on there is no audible clicking from any of the four sensors, I have Bosch KTS diagnostics but it can't find the parking aid control unit, instrument cluster or HVAC although they all work (except pdc).

If I disconnect the parking aid ecm if flags a fault up in the can bus ecm stating that there is no power to the parking aid, if I reconnect and clear the fault memory  there are no faults logged in the can bus ecm, therefore as I see it , power is going to the parking aid but I think there may be a can failure somewhere  in the system.

I bit the bullet and bought a new parking aid control unit but still have exactly the same problem, any ideas ???????

Thanks in advance,

Chris

All i know is that other than the sensor wires there is a permanent live from the fuse box. A negative earthed under rear arch liner and the signal for when reverse is engaged supplied by the canbus system. I think that if you have a failed sensor then the whole system wont work. Id be lookiņg at the sensors. Personally

• 2 years later...