Rear passenger window

I'm trying to fix the rear window of my Octavia. The regulator is jammed in the "closed" position. The window had slipped down but i've managed to pull it back up out of the door frame. I am trying to get the inner panel off so that I can get at the regulator. 

Does anyone have any advice on how to successfully take off the panel without destroying it? I have tried to pop it off but it is not budging.

Any help is greatly appreciated.post-114540-0-91478700-1434902721_thumb.jpgpost-114540-0-72199700-1434902738_thumb.jpg

Thanks softscoop, I was afraid of that. Before I popped the outer panel I had hoped it was going to be like the Golf Mk2. What's the best option for when I have the window regulator sorted out? (as in refitting the panel)

Thanks Softscoop, I was afraid of that. I had hoped it would be like the Golf Mk4 before I had popped off the outer panel. What's the best option for refitting the panel after I have sorted out the regulator?

Hi VrsStebuzz,

Thanks for the reply. Can I ask, did you create new holes with the self tappers or could you use the existing holes after you drilled out the rivets?

Cheers

Make a new hole just to the side of the rivets but just make sure it's still on the metal cut out. You only need small screws too as you don't want it to foul the glass.

• Like 1