21 23 or 30 byte cecm

I don't really have a lot in the way of factory equipment everything being retrofitted. I did just however manage to bag a highline ccm. As I have footwell lights on the way and am going to try and retrofit fogs, I now think the only useful module I have that isn't highline is my cecm so wondering is the 30 byte going to be worth the purchase. I am planning on upgrading the car to an elegance at a later date so everything will be coming back out when I do. Cheers

I still have the 23 byte one in my L&K with virtually everything specced or retrofitted and about the only thing I think I miss out on is the ability to have the footwell lights on while I drive. Not sure in a pre FL that the 30 byte gives you anything else extra actually.

• Like 1

Cheers Adamal, not sure I want lights on inside the car while driving anyway but I do like the thought of having the option. I really am sad ain't I ? I don't suppose anyone knows whether 3c8 passat cecm's are compatible?

I think they are. Try a pm to rainbowfire, I have a vague recollection he mentioned to me he has upgraded his (I think it was him anyway!!!).

• Like 1

Aha! yes, it was I!

I upgraded to 30byte, I can't remember if my 23byte did footwell or not (and it's moved on now - and I did footwell after the change-over) I think (and we are talking a year ago now) that the only real difference was cornering lights, and the layout on byte 3 or 4 (Usual thing: take screenshots of the old one first and then match the parameters not the coding).

Physically swapping is easy, but not a fast job.

I can't remember the part number off-hand, however, I do remember the CECM coming from a Passat, as the rear-lighting coding was out (Octavia uses foglights on 13% as taillights, Passat doesn't. So I had a rather unique rearlights setup for a while).

I'll grab the part-number when I get home.

I thought it must be but I have never known what they are apart from the footwell lights issue. Perhaps VCDS will say what is in bytes 24 to 30 in the long coding if you fit it?

Right, didn't get out the the car last night, any my old logs went when I upgraded to Windows 10. So I'll do another scan tonight.

Adam: where in the 23 is your cornering lights. I have a vague recollection mine is in 24 or 25  :S :S

I had to add something to a byte to activate xenons with shutters on my car as it didn't have the relevant bytes. Is it possible a midline 30 byte could have capacity for options but none actually coded into it. Sorry if that doesn't make sense, it does in my head lol.

As above, the 23 byte CECM will do everything except ambient footwell lighting (lights on whilst on the move) To get that, you will need the 3C8 version of the highline. I was going to change mine, but it's not essential and certainly not on a list of priorities.

Mike

footwell lights will be all I have I think Mike but as I said I will be upgrading to an elegance when we can so thinking of the parts I am buying as dual use. We are likely going to go to a dealer for a genuine low mileage elegance when the time comes.Will be nice to know I have all the parts to fit when we get one.

Adam: where in the 23 is your cornering lights. I have a vague recollection mine is in 24 or 25 :S :S

As Mike says is byte 23.

My CCM is 1K0959433AK

Is that a 21 or 23 byte module?

Car came with maxidot and MFSW from the factory, and has the convenience menu on Maxidot.

Would be great if I can enable cornering fogs without changing it.

Edited by softscoop

I must have mis-read my 23byte one when I had it.

My 30 is 3C8 937 049F

Coded:

E58A0D31101E1400001111000000000080097F065C50000C000000000000