Vrs Le Estate tailgate rust

My 09 LE Vrs Octavia Estate over the winter developed nasty rust blebs that were obviously coming through the paint from inside. Knowing that the paintwork warranty was well expired i took some photos and emailed them to Matt Worsnam @ the bodyshop @ DM Keith leeds. Who raised the issue with Skoda uk, who authorized repairs. The car was duly booked in to the bodyshop with Matt ( about 2-3 weeks delay) who organized a loan car ( Fabia Monte Carlo ) for me, whilst my Vrs was being sorted.

When DM Keith got the tailgate stripped down they discovered that the rust was too far advanced to repair, so they got Skoda to authorize a new tailgate. I picked the car up about a week later, with a new tailgate, exterior badges etc in cracking valeted condition. No complaints at all. So a big thank you to Simon Duckworth ( Bodyshop Manager) Matt Worsnam and the bodyshop team for a top job.

I should like to point out i am in no way connected to DM Keith, i am a Photographer with a very keen eye and i am very fussy about my cars, and i can't tell where it has been painted.

I have attached 5 pictures so you can see the problems on the tailgate.

The moral here is that Skoda fulfilled their obligation under the anti-perforation warranty even though the car is 6 years old this july, it has 54000 miles and full skoda sevice history bar 1 service.

post-67420-0-87685800-1435075938_thumb.jpg

post-67420-0-75926900-1435075974_thumb.jpg

post-67420-0-15784600-1435075997_thumb.jpg

post-67420-0-61890200-1435076014_thumb.jpg

post-67420-0-51907800-1435076030_thumb.jpg

3 years paint warranty

Wow, they have got mean.  Sure it used to be 7 on the mk1, as I had mine done once (and then body shop had to do it again as they quality of work was rubbish).  Well I learn something new everyday.

The information supplied with my car when new says there is 3 year paint warranty against manufacturing defects plus a 12 year body protection warranty against corrosion emanating from inside the body panel.

I would assume this 12 year warranty covers your case.

Glad you got it fixed.

• Like 1