VRS Selling prices

Does any body know what the current list price is for a VRS estate? The finance on it is almost up and want to sell it before that happens. However what ive been offered has near enough affended me, i was only offered £8,500.
Now ive seen ones of a simular age and milage going for between £11k and £13k.

Edited by Dean
Removed Sale Ad

Having been in a similar position myself recently ie considering selling up i have researched a fair bit - they are not actually 'going for 11-13k' A lot of the main dealerships are asking that but they are not selling at all.

Don't forget dealerships can ask for more because they offer finance and PX and the 12 month warranty. Selling privately then you will be into 9.5ish

The only way you will get more is to px it for another car and they will inflate its worth with a good px price but get thier money back on finance and the fact you will be paying strong money for the new purchase.

Is it candy white?

Ive got the same as you - white estate. mine is moon white.

Apparently it was offered from mid 2013

Having been in a similar position myself recently ie considering selling up i have researched a fair bit - they are not actually 'going for 11-13k' A lot of the main dealerships are asking that but they are not selling at all.

<SNIP>

They are a car only likely to be bought by enthusiasts who are typically going to be fairly technically savvy. Such people can be expected to check an owner's forum and sadly we all know what impression they are going to gather there :(

As a purchase, they will only make sense with a cast-iron warranty of reasonable length. The vRS Estate is a wonderful example of a wolf in sheep's clothing, so understated, a real second user winner if the vRS didn't have such a bad reputation for engine problems.

A remainder of a manufacturers warranty is a cast iron guarantee as much as anyone can get. As to enthusiasts, that is nonesense by who has actually bought them in lots of cases, many who are not online. Then there are many like those that are expert on them with no gear and no idea because they never have bought one but has a computer.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 2