Mass Airflow Sensor.

I think I need a little help. 

I'm trying to get hold of a Mass Airflow Sensor for my vRS, but I can't seem to get one anywhere. Most of my calls to dealers have been met with questionable customer service, or simple no joy. 

I've tried a few 3rd party parts places, but even then it's turned up with nothing. 

I've finally managed to get a price for one at a local dealer but the price came back at around £130, which seemed a little steep to me. 

I just wanted to get a 2nd opinion on this. Whether it's the right sort of price, or whether anyone could help out by pointing me in the direction of some reputable sources for these. 

Also, has anyone else had difficulties get hold of a MAF? I've seen a few on the likes of eBay and what not, but very few, and they all seem to be for slightly different engines, and what not. Just seems strange to be so hard to acquire. 

Thanks. 

dont buy cheap you end up buying twice 

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. 

Thanks for the help though chaps. Appreciate it! 

Ramsey, you're in Newcastle - there will be a dozen decent motorfactors around. Phone one up and have the part numbers off your original to hand. Remember that Skoda do not manufacture MAF senseors and a decent factors will easily source you a genuine OE spec item.

I've not purchased one for a while but the last one for a Vauxhall cost about £70, Bosch, and has so far lasted about 7 years. Expect main stealer prices to be double.

Julian

Thanks chaps. 

I managed to get one in the end. I appreciate the advice!

I did try Euro Car Parts, one of the first ones I tried, but they didn't have any. 

ECP are OK (owned by an Asian concern I think) but they tend to be a little bit 'retail' in the way they treat their customers. As a rule the motor trade tend to use established independent factors as the level of service tends to be better. (ie phone them at 10 in the morning and if the part isn't in stock they'll have it in for you mid afternoon.

Julian

• Like 1