Cannonball Run Start

devonutopia

Went to see the cannonball run start this morning at Sherborne Castle, Dorset. Suffice to say there was a few million quids worth of machinery sat on a lawn, ranging from several 911s, couple of Ferraris, Skylines, Beemers M3/M5, Supras... etc etc. (nice DB7) I have loads of juicy piccies yet to download from the camera, plus some good video footage of various cars "HAVING IT!" at the staggered start.

This is the first time I'd seen this amount of seriously nice cars all in one place at the same time and I was well impressed. The organisation looked top notch, leaving the suspense of route details only being given to the drivers at the very start.

Also have to say that Stuarts 4x4 looked nice with all the stickers and his brakes, and he suitably "HAD IT" to the stunned comments of, "Is that a Skoda?" :D

:thumbup: for the whole morning's experience.

edit: How could i forget? Ran into some dodgy Dutch bloke there with "ball & chain" in tow, and Q-jnr. :D

Originally posted by Quinten in this post

Oh, and seen my first vRS cop car parked at the front of the event... why anyone didn't tell him that the cannonballers had left through the backdoor is beyond me.

:rofl: funny that....

Although, when I left the RS6 was coming back around to the front entrance... :confused:

Techie, my son (take one guess, he doesn't yet have a moustache ;)) is completely mad about that VX... He cried when he left at the start, so I've printed that picture out on glossy photopaper and it's gonna get a prominent spot in his bedroom.

Were back,

Car has buried a few of the Skoda Jokes

Quote from a Porsche driver "what the **** have you done to that car

Quote from a Ferrari 360 driver, "that thing handles I was struggling to keep up"

Will post more later when I have got my thoughts together

Oh & you will be suprised to know not a single problem with the car, thought I had knackered a wheel bearing but I appear to have a couple of bent wheels, cant think how I did that, I thought if Policemen were sleeping you could run over tham at 100mph

Will post more later when I have got my thoughts together

:thumbup: Stuart - I tried to get some vid of your skud at the start, but the damn card on the camera filled up just as you were going around that left hand bend! :mad:

It was a really good morning's entertainment and I'm dead chuffed your skud went down so well with the cannonballers. :D

Joker suits you better Paul ;)

Welcome back Stuart, it's encouraging to hear that the skud survived the trip. Might just convince SWMBO that next years event should really features 2 skuds... :D

Welcome back.

Our crew were back yesterday looking very tired indeed. John, the chap with the Vx turbo had a few interesting tales to tell.

Scott (my boss in our AmD support van) rescued a fair few people including a TVR that broke a suspension strut on the first day :(.