windscreen washer/wiper electrics guru needed

right, with my stupid fat hands i seem to have snapped my windscreen wiper lever off and snapped some connections inside.

i am looking into mounting some switches to the dash to replace these, only problem is im not great at reading car wiring diagrams.

if anyone could please simplify what i need to do also what parts i need, i know i'll need a posh button for wash/wipe but not sure what exactly, any help would be highly appreciated
here's a link to the wiring diagram http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/midianman/media/img006_zpsiyx2exru.jpg.html

I see this problem solved by mounting a rotary switch (for wipers' speed) and a push switch (for washer's pump) on the dashboard.

If you know how to solder and crimp wires, you're good. The hardest part will be to find the proper rotary switch. Are you willing to work with me? What year is your pickup? What engine?

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1

its the 2000 1.9d pickup mate

im good with wiring just not cars, im a bike mechanic, cars arent my forte, but if you're up for helping mate i'd appreciate that a whole lot

Just for the record, the schematics you linked is for Felicia Mk1 (before 1998).

But don't worry, I have the correct factory wiring for your car.

Just curious, what edition/year is your Haynes manual?

Let's start with the list of materials. You need to buy two switches as follows:

• a Rotary Switch (2 deck, 1 pole/deck, 4 positions/pole, non-shorting, contacts rated to 5A DC)
  • a PushButton Switch (double pole, single throw, contacts rated to 2A DC)

Any seller from a big electronic components shop will understand what you need. For extra safety I will add the schematics of each switch. You will only need to choose the size and mounting that best fit your desired installation spot.

Once you bought the switches, take a good photo of each one so all contacts are visible and upload them. I will draw on photos where each wire has to go to the connector of broken lever. You can't get simpler than that. Ok?

yqG7NKc.jpgmHxT9OD.jpg

thats fantastic, i really appreciate your help with this!!
my haynes manual says it covers petrol 1.3 - 1.6 and diesel 1.9 hatchback and estate models included special/limited editions

covers major mechanical features of van, pickup and Fun models.

i will go ahead and buy the necessary switches now and get back to you asap
thanks again for this

I have a switch spare and the Haynes manual does not cover special models as it don't have the air con and heated seats in it the wireing side in the Haynes is spot on to a degree I only use it for the touque settings...

SamJaffa

When taking photos of bought switches, take also a good photo of the wires going into wiper/washer connector.

hey guys, no, there is no special add ons in my car, hes just plain and simple
i am going to try and get the switches over the next couple of days, i will then get very clear pics of the

wiring for you, thanks again for your help on this,