Need information: Registering the EU car in UK

Widzia

Hi, mates.

Sorry for off topic, but didn't find a better place to poats this.

I want to buy another new Skoda and get the UK licence plates, however the car would be bought from Lithuanian Skoda dealer and driven only in Europe. Could anybody please tell me if it is possible to get the UK licence plates without bringing the car to UK or going there by myself assuming the the car would be registered on the name of UK based company.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to anyone in the know giving an answer.

?

Once First Registered in the UK & any Taxes paid and VED bought with appropriate Insurance Cover in Place,

how do you go about annually getting your new VED, just online with the DVLA,

and do you intend bringing the car to the UK in 3 years time for a MOT.?

george

Hi, mates.

Sorry for off topic, but didn't find a better place to poats this.

I want to buy another new Skoda and get the UK licence plates, however the car would be bought from Lithuanian Skoda dealer and driven only in Europe. Could anybody please tell me if it is possible to get the UK licence plates without bringing the car to UK or going there by myself assuming the the car would be registered on the name of UK based company.

Thanks in advance.

why???

I thought that in the EU you can only drive a car for a maximum of 6 months outside the country it was registered in, after that you need to re-register it in the new country.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The reason I want to do this is related with money. In financial way (tax and etc.) it is much better for me to spend the money of the company I run rather than spending my own. I rule the mentioned UK company from Lithuania where I live in.

The thing is that it would be very complicated for a UK company to register the car in Lithuania, so it must be done in the UK. This is the reason why I want to register the car in UK.

Regarding a UK MOT and VED, due to the law gaps in my country, I don't need such things, unless it terminates the registration automatically?

I thought that in the EU you can only drive a car for a maximum of 6 months outside the country it was registered in, after that you need to re-register it in the new country.

The wife's sister lives in Portugal,  she has a British plate left hand drive car, registered to an address in the UK. Providing the car leaves portugal for a set  number of days it fine. Spain is not that far away from where they live so thats a quick in and out.  Also no one can prove, dis-prove the car has never left Portugal

The wife's sister lives in Portugal, she has a British plate left hand drive car, registered to an address in the UK. Providing the car leaves portugal for a set number of days it fine. Spain is not that far away from where they live so thats a quick in and out. Also no one can prove, dis-prove the car has never left Portugal

So it hasn't been in the UK?

The wife's sister lives in Portugal,  she has a British plate left hand drive car, registered to an address in the UK. Providing the car leaves portugal for a set  number of days it fine. Spain is not that far away from where they live so thats a quick in and out.  Also no one can prove, dis-prove the car has never left Portugal

Ok, but how about MOT and Insurance? Does she have UK ones or Portugees? How long does she has UK registered car there?

So it hasn't been in the UK?

The car was bought through an Import company ( as I am aware ), I think from Gibralter. The car, I think, was imported to the UK to be registered and than trailered back to Gibraltar as it had a East Anglican/Norwich reg plate. No need for an MOT yet as it's a 14 plate but is Taxed and Insured to an address in the UK. 

to quote from that handy web site

If you are staying in another country for more than 6 months, you should normally change your residence to this country and you must register your car there.

Stays over 6 months

If you move to another EU country and take your car with you, you will need to register it and pay any relevant taxes in the new country.

You must register your car normally within 6 months. Before leaving, you should check with the authorities of your new country when the period starts - from the moment you leave your home country or from the moment you arrive in your new country. You should also ask what documents will be requested as evidence.

Some Member States require you to re-register your car within less than 6 months of taking up residence in that country. Before you move to another country, please check with the authorities of this country whether shorter periods apply there.

• Like 1