part ex prices

Had a part ex price on my blackline with 40k on it and was only offered 9k against a new vrs. Seemed a little low considering there was a non black line vrs that was 6 months older than mine and with 50k on the clock at the same dealership for sale for 13k.

Interested to see what part ex values others have been offered.

On Autotrader a Skoda dealer is selling a car like yours with same mileage, but black, and asking £12,980 but another dealer is asking almost £14K for a similar car.   Similar cars with DSG are being sold at an extra £1K.

What you are being offered on trade-in will also depend on the discount on the new car being purchased.

If comparing quotes from different dealers then look at the 'total cost to change'.  It doesn't really make any difference whether the overall cost to change has a high trade-in and a small discount, or visa versa - the overall cost will be similar.

As above it's the cost to change that's the important bit. I'd suggest you try other dealers as if your BL is in good condition any dealer who takes it off your hands will sell it themselves and should have no problem selling it, so you should be able to get a good deal because they won't be selling it off to the trade or sending it to auction.

Try putting it on the free adds like gumtree or preloved , i have just sold my VRs admittedly cheaper than yours  advertised it Saturday sold it Monday .

Have been searching hard for a low mileage replacement and 12 plates at dealers seem to go for between 12500>14000 depending on mileage , although some dealers are dreamers i saw an 09 L&K with under 20000 miles for £12000

Edited by deecee

Yep. I think the price was a little insulting. I was looking at moving to a new vrs with winter pack and black plus kit and towbar. The price was 24k if I recall which was a decent offer. It's not worth 15 grand to change though.

Edited by kris1

That's a fairly common view of late mk2 vRS owners. I'm keeping mine and intend blowing the wad it would cost me to change on a new bike instead next year.