Spaceback roofbars/crossbars (with style pack (pan roof))

Hi

Haven't been on for a while, used to have a citigo went March 14, went to Goodwood on the Thursday and only saw it in the car park, bought back memories

Anyway my dad has a Rapid Spaceback with the pan roof, we want to bring back a ladder from a relative, we have looked in the manual and the car itself and it doesn't seem clear whether or not it can be done to cars with the pan roof

Is this possible and if so what and how much??

Many thanks!!

This question came up recently. I believe we conclude you can't use roof bars on the Spaceback with panoramic roof (even though the alignment holes are present in the door frame) because the feet of the bars (the bit that takes the weight) would be sitting on glass rather than metal.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Thules bars that I fitted do not, at any point come into contact with the glass roof; there is no issue fitting roof bars to the spaceback with a panoramic roof. Once I put them back on I will post a few pics illustrating this.

Great you found a solution. However, I was referring to the genuine roof bars, not third party ones.

Would be helpful to other owners if you could post the part numbers for the bars and foot pack you have used.

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

On my Toledo hatchback, I'm using Cruz standard bars which are a bargain compared to other options reviewed here : http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/43773/cruz-standard   A little fiddly to fit as they are tightened up with nuts and bolts and not quite as substantial as the Thule bars I have used in the past but for occasional use and for the the money (about £60) I'm very happy with them.

I was originally going to get a fitting kit for my Thule bars but they have changed the "feet" and do not produce a fitting kit suitable for the Rapid/Toledo which is compatible with the older style feet (my feet are about 18 years old - The ones I own made by Thule that is!) so it would have been considerably more expensive.   

Edited by picnmix

On my Toledo hatchback, I'm using Cruz standard bars which are a bargain compared to other options reviewed here : http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/43773/cruz-standard   A little fiddly to fit as they are tightened up with nuts and bolts and not quite as substantial as the Thule bars I have used in the past but for occasional use and for the the money (about £60) I'm very happy with them.

I was originally going to get a fitting kit for my Thule bars but they have changed the "feet" and do not produce a fitting kit suitable for the Rapid/Toledo which is compatible with the older style feet (my feet are about 18 years old - The ones I own made by Thule that is!) so it would have been considerably more expensive.

Do the Cruz bars have feet/clamps that fit into the guide holes inside the Rapid's door frame, or are these just universal fit bars that fit any car?

Yes, it has a dedicated fitting kit for the rapid/toledo, which has two studs on each clamp which go into those door frame holes and the clamps follow the contour of the roof precisely so once on it all seems very secure.  If I'm mistaken and it flies off on holiday I'll report back!    

Edited by picnmix

Yes, it has a dedicated fitting kit for the rapid/toledo, which has two studs on each clamp which go into those door frame holes and the clamps follow the contour of the roof precisely so once once it all seems very secure.  If I'm mistaken and it flies off on holiday I report back!

Sounds fantastic - who did you buy yours from? Given the price you quoted, these sound like a great option.

I got them from roofbox.co.uk and bought : 

CRUZ steel bars: CRUZ 115cm lockable roof bars (2) no. OT-115 (921001) £29.95      
Roof bar adapters: CRUZ Optima foot kit no. CR5000 (935 000)  £10.00
CRUZ roof bars fitting kit: CRUZ OptiPLUS fitting kit no. CR5630 (935 630)  £20.00

So £59.95 all in but delivery was £5.50 on top.

Edited by picnmix
  • Like 1