Discoda's Mk2 VRS

Discoda

Finally had a chance yesterday to give the her some attention.

So this is how she started out, with all the grime of a drive to Edinburgh and back the day before.
IMG_0599.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG
Managed to de tar the back and sides, absolutely plastered with it under the sills.

Then removed these stickers because they were bugging me :notme:
IMG_0601.JPG
By the way that line above the handle isn't a scratch... just noticed it now, don't know what it is. :D

Then onto the badges, front and back removed and replaced with the new style.
IMG_0609.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG

Then the rain started so a quick snap with the very neglected looking Gerty.
IMG_0621.JPG
Should be able to get the private number transferred soon.

The rain being on didn't stop the roll though, got the headlight bulbs changed in the failing light. Being able to remove the whole light unit makes it so easy.
Before:
IMG_0576.JPG
And after
IMG_0577.JPG

Still to do for the moment; change the wheel centre caps for the new style, get the private plates on, clay, polish and wax. May also remove the Octavia badge from the boot.

Cheers,
Steve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saturday I set about finishing the badge replacement therapy by changing the wheel centre caps. While I was at it i figured I would give the insides of the wheels a bit of TLC with some Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller, awesome stuff but reeks like something that has been dead for a while.

I was doing this in between showers (more like miniature tropical storms) so apologies for the photos being somewhat sporadic.

Before (I think these might actually be photos of three different wheels, :D but you get the gist) :
IMG_0666.JPG

During:
IMG_0668.JPG

After:
IMG_0662.JPG
Clearly not perfect by a long way, could really do with a de tar in there but with time and the weather against me I was not going to be too pernickety... I'll save that for when I've got myself a machine polisher and some wheel sealant.

Keeping dry halfway through the offside.
IMG_0659.JPG

Offside done ( this just reminded me that I removed the Octavia badge from the boot as well :notme:) :
IMG_0663.JPG

Old versus new:
IMG_0661.JPG

A couple of the wheels really could do with a refurb, thats not going to happen for some time though as saving for the wedding has begun.

Will get some better photos up when I get a chance.

Cheers again,

Steve.

• Like 1

Looks good mate, time very well spent! I think I have to do the badges soon; I assume its easy enough?

Very easy buddy, let me put it this way... I managed it :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wind deflectors are a great cheap easy mod :)

Agreed, something about the shape of this car that gets me wet when the window is open.... I could probably word that better but I'm sticking with it.  B)  They have made a massive difference in the rain though. :yes:

Did you need the clips for the front pair? Or was the fit tight enough that you could opt not to use them?

Car looks good, really liking the black/chrome badges.

I think the fit is tight enough that the clips are superfluous, saying that I did install both clips on each deflector as it takes very little time to fit them. They might be fiddly to get back out in the future if needs be, but I'll be leaving these on for the for see able.

• 1 month later...

Quick update, I fitted some interior LEDs; front and rear domes + map lights and door lights. More ordered as I forgot about the glove box and two boot lights... :blush:

Side by side comparison of the front map lights (old on the left, new LED on the right)
IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
Door lights (before)
IMG_0802.JPG
After
IMG_0803.JPG

Nice quick easy job, roll on the darkness. Number plate lights to follow as I don't have the right Torx bit to get at them.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more LED OCD,

Comparison of number plate lights (Left old / right LED)
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG

Side light comparison (Left LED / right old)
IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0839.JPG

Only problem is they make the Osram Nightbreakers look yellow... Might need to go xenon. :dull:

Fizzmo on eBay, these are the ones I got for the sidelights:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-8-LED-501-T10-W5W-WEDGE-CANBUS-NO-ERROR-SIDE-LIGHTS-/290600994689?hash=item43a92b4781

No bulb warning light for me with these ones... I did have the warning light until I remembered to put the indicator bulb back in.

Used Fizzmo for all the LEDs so far, very quick delivery.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...