Can I get police accident report without paying £88?

Jono

Thanks BJM, valuable counterpoints there and will help me manage my expectations.

To clarify though, I was taken to A+E the morning after and GP yesterday.

I'm not cynically seeking "compo" for some vague "distress" type reason.

Description of "fast a-road roundabout" was more to indicate the size than that I was at any particular speed. As it happens I'm driving like a nun, the car isn't run in yet and im trying to beat my economy PBs :)

The extra details the insurers will have will include the police report, which I have had a synopsis of, and video and good images of the road layout.

Thanks for your help.

If we took a hypothetical situation on a roundabout where a road user suddenly manoeuvered into another without warning, are you suggesting it could never go to anything other than 50:50 without witnesses or video evidence?

He took some photos on his Blackberry of the vehicles, not sure about the scene.

I think the most valuable thing was recording the other driver's account at the roadside, before she got a chance to be convinced that she did nowt wrong by her mates and create incorrect post-hoc memories.

To be honest I think you'll be surprised how little of a report there is. Do you still have the officers details (collar number and station) if so ring 101 or which ever number is advertised for your local station and ask when the officer is next in duty and ask to speak to them. They should tell you what kind of details they have and if it's worth paying £88 for them.

• Like 2

To be honest I think you'll be surprised how little of a report there is. Do you still have the officers details (collar number and station) if so ring 101 or which ever number is advertised for your local station and ask when the officer is next in duty and ask to speak to them. They should tell you what kind of details they have and if it's worth paying £88 for them.

I had to submit some details to him via email re: my insurer, and he has now answered some questions about the incident. I believe my insurers having his report will be a positive thing for my case; particulary with regards to the other driver not being able to change their story post-hoc.

I am aware, via our resident curmudgeon, that I shouldn't necessarily be too hopeful even with TP admitting they did something stupid and a supportive police report.

• 6 years later...