Do you notice steering hardness changes?

Hello,

My steering in the morning seems a bit lighter than at afternoon or after a little trip like 5 or 6 miles.... Although it doesnt show any error!

Do you notice something like this?

I am in my 3 steering pump and I'm a little paranoic about this...

Last saturday I did a 250 miles trip and when I arrived I believe the steering was harder at the same speed than when I started the trip...
Something is wrong furious.gif or is it normal? Maybe some protection against overheating?

Thank you!

Edited by dm222

I would check the condition of the battery.

Also does the battery light come on when you turn the ignition on and go off when the engine starts?

Which model Fabia?

SN

My steering changes it's feel as I drive too, sometimes it's light and sometimes stuff. My battery light stays on with start up but then goes off near enough straight away.

My steering changes it's feel as I drive too, sometimes it's light and sometimes stuff. My battery light stays on with start up but then goes off near enough straight away.

The battery is new.

At the same speed? It's normal to change like if you are driving at 50mph the steering is harder than at 10mph. What I don't think it's normal is I'm driving at 10mph and if drive for 1 hour the steering is a bit harder at the same 10mph than it was at the beginning.

Edited by dm222

Check the angle sensor, maybe remove and clean it, one of my previous ones was full of mud and dirty water by the looks of it.

Maybe replace it if it hasn't been changed already and it's the older plastic type.

Are you using the correct green fluid also, not the red stuff?

• 3 weeks later...