Side mouldings

VAGCF

Thanks 137699.

Tony - had toyed with doing myself but as in the end I got them via the dealer I had their body shop fit them.

To be honest I would have been still faffing about fitting one in the time that it took them to do them all!

Whilst they will offer some protection they are more about the aesthetics. When moving the TT last night I had a look too see how it's door met the Yeti and due to it's rounded profile it misses the mouldings completely!

Out of interest did you fit the side mouldings yourself or dealer fit?

Tony

About the only extra my CR-V didn't have on it as standard were side strips, so I bought a set of OEM ones and took it to my local body shop to make an appointment to have them fitted.

The owner came out, expressed surprise that I didn't want to do it myself and proceeded to fit all 4 in just over 10 minutes (the car was clean). He didn't want to take anything for it so I gave him a tenner.

If I was in the same position in the future, I would definitely do it myself (of course that's in light of seeing exactly how it's done).