MY16 VRS TDI Clutch Master Cylinder Leak after a week

Hi Briskodians,

Been lurking for a while here just thought I'd share...

Had my VRS for all of a few hundred miles when one morning found that the clutch hit the floor and wouldn't come back up. Had to have the car recovered back back to the dealer in the week after the tech came out and refilled the fluid reservoir and it just left a puddle on my drive, literally pouring DOT4 out from around the cylinder!!!

Anyone else had this?

Hi, 

Can't say I have; did they get to the exact cause of the leak, was something just loose or did faulty parts end up being replaced?

Whilst we're on the subject, can anyone confirm... the brake and clutch use the same fluid don't they? I assumed so as I can only see the one reservoir..

Whilst we're on the subject, can anyone confirm... the brake and clutch use the same fluid don't they? I assumed so as I can only see the one reservoir..

Yep

Sometimes you get faulty parts.  I accept this can happen, it's the way the dealer responds that is important.  

In this case, I don't thinking sending somebody to top up the fluid is acceptable.  The vehicle was checked at the factory & at the PD.  The fluid doesn't magically disappear so they should have had a decent look rather than just top it up & leave it to the car gods.