Heated Windscreen Option

Today I've ordered an SE Business hatchback with just a couple of options, Heated Windscreen & Heated Washer Nozzles. Oh and of course a 'free' rear wiper  ;)

The Skoda configurator wouldn't allow me to choose the Heated Windscreen without also adding Heated Seats, however the lease company have said this is incorrect and the Heated Windscreen is a standalone option. This wouldn't surprise me as we all know how flaky the configurator can be.

Tonight I have looked at this literature http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/seBusinessModelBrochureJuly2015.pdf which seems to back up the configurator stating Heated Windscreen 'only available in combination with heated seats'. 

So my question is who's right? Skoda website or the lease company?

I have a feeling I'm going to get a phone call once the supplying dealer receives the order.....

Possible yes, I see a technical reason,.etc. for a MK2 if you wannt a heated windscreen you need also heated seats (minimum fronts) because on a climatronic panel yoz have a button for activating the heated windscreen, but only on climatronic panel version only with heated seats also.

Non heated seats climatronic version did not had the button for the heated windscreen.

This is checked, since in MK2 from my wife I am now retrofitting a heated windscreen and did buy this climatronic panel.

Car is with heated front and rear seats....

I'm inclined to think the lease company is correct.

Neither the "old" or "updated" Škoda Superb brochure (the non-Business brochure) makes any mention of needing heated seats for the heated windscreen option for the SE or the SE L, even though the configurator insists you do.

Switches should not be a concern as the SE Business appears to come with dual-zone climate control and, even if it only came with manual air-con, they just put the windscreen switch above it.

post-74330-0-68531400-1438720402_thumb.jpg

(Taken from the UK owners manual)

Edit: A bit clearer in this picture...

post-74330-0-71248000-1438726900_thumb.jpg

Just checked the German brochure which has tended to be more accurate and that says you do need heated front seats to have the heated windscreen.

"Drahtlos beheizbare Windschutzscheibe, bei Ambition nur in Verbindung mit beheizbaren Vorder- oder Rücksitzen"

"Wireless heated windscreen, in the case of Ambition only in combination with heated front or rear seats"

Of the four German levels (Active, Ambition, Style, L&K), Active has no heated windscreen option at all, while Style and L&K already come with heated front seats.

So until you can get confirmation from Škoda UK I am now inclined to think the configurator is indeed correct.

• Like 1

Thanks BillyJim, I can see me having to ditch the heated screen idea then as I don't want my monthly payment to be stretched any further. If they tell me I can't have it I will change it to heated seats only, I think that's allowed! :think:

• 2 weeks later...

Just to answer my own question as the OP, I've been informed today that the configurator is indeed correct and you can only order the heated windscreen option if you also order heated front seats (or front & rear seats). Luckily on this occasion the dealer have very kindly absorbed the cost of the heated seats as they shouldn't have quoted for the windscreen standalone in the first instance. That's excellent customer service in my opinion.

• Like 3

Pete T, which lease company are you using and who is the supplying dealer please?

I ask as we've also ordered on a 2 year private lease only the heated windscreen option. Final paperwork was signed 07/08 but not heard of any issues with this configuration.

Thanks.

Hi Maturestudent, I've ordered through FleetPrices.co.uk and the supplying dealer is Alex Lawrie Skoda in Liverpool.

The dealer initially confirmed to the leasing company that the Heated Windscreen was available stand-alone and that's how the order was made. I'm led to believe that the dealer realised their mistake at the point of trying to put the order through onto the factory system. As an admission that the mistake was theirs they've added the necessary Heated Seats at no cost to me and I assume they'll not make the same mistake twice. I guess things like this will happen with a new vehicle where staff aren't initially familiar with option combinations.

Hope you get a similar response from your supplier :)