17" rims on VRS With big offset

Hi,

I am moving from next door. I have a Yeti and am going to a VRS. I am on the hunt for some winter rims, I have friend who has got some 17" rims which will fit BUT they have a Et 56 offset which is bigger than what's recommend.

Has anybody got put these rims on there VRS.

I think the rims are from a vw sharan or similar, I have bin looking at previous topics and wheel threads.

I haven't got the car yet otherwise I would wip the wheel off and try it.

Hi,

I am moving from next door. I have a Yeti and am going to a VRS. I am on the hunt for some winter rims, I have friend who has got some 17" rims which will fit BUT they have a Et 56 offset which is bigger than what's recommend.

Has anybody got put these rims on there VRS.

I think the rims are from a vw sharan or similar, I have bin looking at previous topics and wheel threads.

I haven't got the car yet otherwise I would wip the wheel off and try it.

The standard gemini alloys on the MK3 VRS have an ET of 51. But they are 18x8J. Assuming the 17 inch wheels are 17x7J, the ET difference of 5mm will make next to no difference, as the wheel isn't as wide. Even if they are 17x7.5J, it'll make no difference.

A good website that may help is:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Matt

I believe meb90 is nearly right .... Standard Gemini's are ET51 but they are 18x7.5j I believe

The higher offset number on the 17's means they will sit more inboard by 5mm, and also don't forget on some 17's brake clearance could be an issue.

Edited by Mr Grump
  • Like 2

I believe meb90 is nearly right .... Standard Gemini's are ET51 but they are 18x7.5j I believe

The higher offset number on the 17's means they will sit more inboard by 5mm, and also don't forget on some 17's brake clearance could be an issue.

Blast! You are quite right, the standard alloys are 18x7.5J. My mistake!

Cheers for that.

The wheels are from an Audi S line apparently.. If I can get the wheels for £100 it's worth a punt,I don't get the car until mid September.

If they don't fit I will stick them on eBay.

The car I am getting has 19" extreme Alloys on, not my choice but already fitted as the car is a demonstrator.

The car I am getting has 19" extreme Alloys on, not my choice but already fitted as the car is a demonstrator.

Horrid wheels the Extremes :envy: .  How do you fancy swapping them for a set of Pictoris 18 inchers? :angel: