Help changing rear brake discs

Hello All

I have tried to change my brake pads and discs today, but could not remove the torx bolts holding the caliper frame to the suspension system. I have some torx drivers but they only go up to M12.

Can anyone tell me what size I need, or could lend me the tool if you live in the North East near Middlesbrough.

Thanks

Paul

They are triple square (aka XZN) bolts not torx IIRC. They are also feckin tight. Also I think they are M14.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks I did not know these were called this and I do have a set of these but they only go up to M12.

I had difficulty getting mine off the other day so I ended up with a trip to halfords for the below two items which did the job.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/tools-diy/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-professional-7-piece-spline-bit-socket-rail-1-2

http://www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/tools-diy/tools-tool-kits/halfords-advanced-professional-breaker-bar-18-1-2-drive

You will need to jack the car up as high as possible to get access for the breaker bar on the bottom bolt. I had my axle stands at the highest position and it was only just high enough.

When I did my front brakes the other week I didn't have to remove the whole carrier. I was able to remove and refit with the discs with the carrier still in place. I assume it's the same on the rears as per the above comment.

Phil

• 5 months later...

The only way i can get the disc off without taking the carrier off is to remove the bottom bolt and chap it round out the way thats on a 1.9 there is noway the disc will come off with both bolts still in the carrier. Fronts the carrier is part of the hub so it cant come off anyway. And as said above they are very tight especially if they have not been off before.