Dell PCs, opinions please

cmcm789

I am considering buying a DELL 5150 online. There are various offers, the last one was for a free printer, but i have been told that the catridges are very expensive, and to go for another brand.

I am looking for some opinions from anyone who knows anything about DELL.

There are different offers every week at the moment. Do they put on better deals coming up to christmas??

JD

Dell systems can be very cheap for low-end ones, an area in which they're very good.

For a higher-end system like a 5150, you have a lot of competition / choices available to you.

As for deals, you may get a better deal after Christmas ;) but if you want something before, then shop around. I'd be very careful of stuff like free printers. As you say, they're cheap products which cost a fortune in ink and you're better off getting a seperate cheap printer with cheap cartridges.

Also, it depends what you want to use the PC for. ;) If you're spending a fair amount, you might as well make sure you're putting it in components which will give you the most benefit for your requirements.

I am considering buying a DELL 5150 online. There are various offers' date=' the last one was for a free printer, but i have been told that the catridges are very expensive, and to go for another brand.

I am looking for some opinions from anyone who knows anything about DELL.

There are different offers every week at the moment. Do they put on better deals coming up to christmas??

JD[/quote']

Hi JD,

Yes Dell are doing different offers every week at the moment.

Their current promotion for Dell 5150 at the moment.

10% OFF: Dimension 5150 (Bundles D11515, D11516B, D11516, D11516A, D11517)

This discount is added once you have selected the item into your basket and the discounted price is shown at the checkout.

However I have seen some comments that just last week the prices were cheaper than this week even after taking into account the discount offered this week. Some systems have been treated to a double memory included in the price.

Deals seem to end on a Wednesday so check on a Thursday morning for new offers. I am sure coming up to Christmas prices may scale up. Post Christmas who knows.

regards

Ian

Hi JD' date='

Yes Dell are doing different offers every week at the moment.

Their current promotion for Dell 5150 at the moment.

10% OFF: Dimension 5150 (Bundles D11515, D11516B, D11516, D11516A, D11517)

This [b']discount is added [/b] once you have selected the item into your basket and the discounted price is shown at the checkout.

However I have seen some comments that just last week the prices were cheaper than this week even after taking into account the discount offered this week. Some systems have been treated to a double memory included in the price.

Deals seem to end on a Wednesday so check on a Thursday morning for new offers. I am sure coming up to Christmas prices may scale up. Post Christmas who knows.

regards

Ian

Ian

you are completely right. Last week they offered a version of the 5150 for

Agree with Xav.

tbh, i've nver found Dell to produce a PC that's set my trousers on fire or given me that "must-have" buzz. (well, until the Gen2 gaming laptops...)

Usually solid, stable. Only reason i bought one was that, doing a degree, i needed the next day onsite 3 year warranty at the time.

Nowi just build my own, though that costs more....... :(