Adding rear red light to the back window to be notice better when braking?

A freind of mine got hit by a car behind him while waiting for a red light during the day,causing him considerable damages to rear bumper etc.

That got me kind of thinking if he probaly had a few more red lights maybe that would have helped although i think its stupid ,not sure if it also legal,just came in mind that maybe his was more seen to others ,any opinions or recomendations on this issue very welcome  :) ?

Edited by john123

Maybe he used his handbrake whilst waiting, hence no brake lights ?

If someone hits you from behind, chances are it's solely their fault for not observing speed of traffic ahead.

Lights arn't going to save you in that scenario..

• Like 1

Does the car not already have a High Level Brake Light in the Middle?

For other lights as well to have the Rear Sidelights on by putting on the Front Sidelights / Dipped Beam,

or if the car allows, activate the Rear Sidelights to operate when the Front DRL's are on.

I got ran into the back of while waiting in traffic. I had my foot on the footbrake and also have a high level middle light too. 

Nothing to do with lights. The moron wasn't paying attention. Im just happy he was only just setting off. He thought i had moved off when i was stationary. 

• Like 1

I got ran into the back of while waiting in traffic. I had my foot on the footbrake and also have a high level middle light too. 

Nothing to do with lights. The moron wasn't paying attention. Im just happy he was only just setting off. He thought i had moved off when i was stationary. 

I think something similiar happened to my friend ,thinking there might be  a way of morons like this to pay attention without becoming a xmas tree :) ,sticking a large yellow sticker under the rear window to get their  attention or something similiar .

Edited by john123