recently bought fabia vrs but now getting plumes of black smoke

Had leak test done and there are no leaks!

Had the codes read and it comes up with alternator something load.... mech said there's problem with alternator reading wrong voltage which is causing ecu to make TC light come on. Also he said ecu was reading values for egr when it shouldn't because egr is deleted.

If the alternator's under or over charging that can throw all sorts of errors (and if over-charging possibly fry ECUs). An auto electrician will probably do a better alternator test for free on the understanding that they get the work if you need a replacement alternator.

Thank you Ken. I will get them to take a look.

Drove the car 150 miles today to Yeovil and was good as gold all the way there.  I am just getting ready to leave for the return 150 miles, hoping it will stay the same.  I've noticed when I start the car now the TC light stays off, then after 10 mins it turns itself on but I can now accelerate with no smoke.  So just drive it below boost for 10 mins, let TC light come on and its all fine??  Bloody strange

Spoke to bmconversions today and he said he does remember anything about mapping the TC to be off permanently or or being an issue when it was mapped I june/July. I think this is a fault that must have occurred just before the sale.

Dude is the traction control system linked to the ABS and the MAF/MAP sensor? The reason why your experiencing the temperamental behaviour could be down to sensor value fluctuations or dirt build up on the ABS ring/sensor. Unless they've mapped the car to be switchable (in which I've read somewhere on here the Fabia ecu is capable of) map, the car can't just change the software willy nilly. My back ground is mostly in Imprezas and the vast majority of top end mappers map in a switchable high/low boost map via the rear heated screen switch. Could be similar for you via pressing the tc button?

Dude is the traction control system linked to the ABS and the MAF/MAP sensor? The reason why your experiencing the temperamental behaviour could be down to sensor value fluctuations or dirt build up on the ABS ring/sensor. Unless they've mapped the car to be switchable (in which I've read somewhere on here the Fabia ecu is capable of) map, the car can't just change the software willy nilly. My back ground is mostly in Imprezas and the vast majority of top end mappers map in a switchable high/low boost map via the rear heated screen switch. Could be similar for you via pressing the tc button?

Most electronic traction control systems (include VAG ASR and ESP here) use the ABS sensors to measure wheel speeds.

Adz, ken, thank you very much for the advice

I'm waiting on clive at CN tuning to get back this Monday and will speak to him. I'm new to fabias so not to familiar with where everything is and as it's my work car I don't want to pull any wiring etc out that may make things work.