Observations and minor problems with my new car

So my 1.2 TSI SE Estate finally arrived. In brief:

Generally I'm very happy with it;

It's nice and quiet on a smooth motorway;

The turbo will take a little getting used to, with no torque at all at low rpm;

The wing mirrors are terrible;

The clock doesn't update itself from RDS or DAB, which is pretty rubbish;

I'm disappointed that the "No driving mode selection on 1.2 TSI" extends to not having an Eco option for the air conditioning;

The top button on the right side of the steering wheel doesn't appear to do anything. The button is not mentioned anywhere in the manual, but the symbol on it is the same as for the automatic braking warning on page 155 of the manual;

The leaving home lighting function seems to work, but not the coming home. There is a delay setting for it in the infotainment, but the lights don't stay on when I leave the car.

There were some drops of water in the spare wheel well when the car arrived. Is this likely to be a leak or just from cleaning the car?

I appear to have automatic windscreen wipers, which I wasn't expecting, but not an auto-dipping rear view mirror, which I was expecting (and had confirmed by my supplier). How much of a mess is replacing the mirror likely to make? Is it even possible? Should I stick with the one I've got?

I've found several bits of plastic trim not properly clipped on: One above the radiator on what looks like the air intake, one on the side of the ski hatch and one which is supposed to cover the hinge between the split folding rear seat back rests. This one is bent and doesn't seem to fit properly. It can be pushed back into position but is dislodged every time the seats are unfolded. Should I put up with it or try to get it fixed? It's not really visible from the seats, only from the boot, but it bothered me when I noticed it wasn't straight.

Take it back to dealer and get them to fix any problem or else it will always niggle you.on a brand new car you should expect everything to work and nothing to be bent or broken,

• Like 1

Yep I am guessing if it's brand new and speced to what you asked/wanted then you should go back and get them to sort your issues :)

You probably paid a descent amount of coin for this motor you want it to be just right :)

The top right hand button on the steering wheel on mine seems to be connected to the all round sensors, I'm not sure uf it turns in ir off the bleeping

The top button on the right hand side brings up a list of the assist systems fitted to your car, e.g. lane assist. You can then enable or disable the systems.

My auto dimming mirror wasn't working in my brand new scout, turned out it wasn't switched on! There's a button on the bottom of the mirror, a small light comes on to indicate it's on.

The top right hand button on the steering wheel on mine seems to be connected to the all round sensors, I'm not sure uf it turns in ir off the bleeping

The top button on the right hand side brings up a list of the assist systems fitted to your car, e.g. lane assist. You can then enable or disable the systems.

I don't think I have any assist systems and I definitely don't have front parking sensors, so that's presumably why it does nothing. Odd that it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the manual though.

My auto dimming mirror wasn't working in my brand new scout, turned out it wasn't switched on! There's a button on the bottom of the mirror, a small light comes on to indicate it's on.

This is definitely a manual mirror - no buttons, lights or sensors - only the lever to move it to the dipped position.

Same happened to me on my last car. Had it 2 years before i noticed it wasnt on.

P.S. Im also known as Big Dave at work

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I have any assist systems and I definitely don't have front parking sensors, so that's presumably why it does nothing. Odd that it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the manual though.

Okay, it is mentioned in the manual, briefly, on page 48. Would be helpful if they included it in the button list on page 46.