Fancy a new motorbike... Help!

Fabia_19

Or maybe cos you gaggle on, shoving down everyones throat what you think, when you actually rarely even ride a bike.

But that is it

Keep digging, lol. As I've already said several times, the Street R is what I want from a bike personally. Twice I've said that VFRs are "good at what they do, but what they do isn't what I want from a bike". Nowhere did I say that they're a bad bike, or that anyone else shouldn't ride one (or any other bike, or a fluorescent orange unicycle) if that's what they want, if you'd bothered to read it, rather than just ranting, lol. You're the one seemingly unable to accept that anyone else might find something other than your VFR more suitable for what they want from a bike, rather than what suits you.

As for rarely ever riding a bike, how long have you even been riding bikes for? I've been riding bikes long enough (21 years), hard enough, and frequently enough to not feel any need to justify when I choose to ride to anyone else, thanks ;)

Edited by StripleR675

Can I play ?

I must admit streety you do seem a bit of a classroom rider - you've read about it in a book.

That's funny, lol. Just because I choose not to ride up to a thousand miles per week anymore, doesn't mean that I never did (or had the massive credit card bill to show for it, lol) ;) Edited by StripleR675
  • Like 1

Not too sure how this is helping the op to decide what to get though.

A VFR VTEC, obviously. Why would anyone want anything different? ;)

Might be keeping him amused while he ponders his options though, lol.

That's funny, lol. Just because I choose not to ride up to a thousand miles per week anymore, doesn't mean that I never did (or had the massive credit card bill to show for it, lol) ;)

Lightweight. Lol

So we've narrowed it down to a viffer and a low mileage streety.

Excellent work.

CBR1100Xx superblackbird?

Big on power, should be comfy enough, but theres things like the FJR1300 and Hayabusa too.

Depends how much power is needed i guess :D

So we've narrowed it down to a viffer and a low mileage streety.

Excellent work.

At £4k he hasn't got the budget for a low mileage Street. Unfortunately for him, otherwise his dilemma would be answered, obviously, lol... ;)

Lol what about doing the honourable thing and flog him your rather nice example for £4k?

You'd be a forum hero.

Just a thought like :-)

Stuff being a hero, I'd set fire to it before I'd sell it for four grand, lol ;) He can have my Speed Triple for £2500 though, I'll even put it back together, lol. Edited by StripleR675

Lol what about doing the honourable thing and flog him your rather nice example for £4k?

You'd be a forum hero.

Just a thought like :-)

And it doesn't fit the brief description of what he's looking for, hence I never suggested it as an option (a fact certain folk seem to have overlooked, with their blinkers firmly fastened on, lol...) ;)

Lol back to the drawing board.

My money would be on a late fazer 1000 having owned one. Great all round bike. You can commute, scratch, tour or just bimble around. Brakes need looking after as does the standard soggy front end. Cracking engine.

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a little bit of help!

I've been riding for 2-3 years now and have absolutely loved my GSF600 Bandit, it really has been a great bike. However I now feel it's time for a change and fancy a new toy within the next few months.

I fancy something with a little more power whilst still being comfortable as I am 6ft4. The bike would only come out on weekends and sunny days and my budget will be approximately 3-4k.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very keen to hear them :)

Thanks

Oli

I've got a nice CBR1100XX that's yours for 3500. I'm 6' 4" too so you'll fit just fine... one of the fastest most comfortable and easily insurable bikes there is.

Lol back to the drawing board.

My money would be on a late fazer 1000 having owned one. Great all round bike. You can commute, scratch, tour or just bimble around. Brakes need looking after as does the standard soggy front end. Cracking engine.

A late mk1 FZS do you mean, or the later model? Both are good bikes, but he'll only get the mk1 on his budget. Buy a nice low mileage one of those, spend a few quid on sorting the suspension, a few tasteful mods (starting with getting rid of that gopping rear mudguard and the horrible chrome pram handle bars) and you've got a bloody good bike - fast, all day comfy and good handling, great real world road bike. I always quite fancied one, but never actually bought one. I think they would have sold much better, if Yamaha hadn't priced them so daft.

Just don't do this to it. Please.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201508125989639

Edited by StripleR675