BLT HESITATION HELP PLEASE

My fabia is hesitating at 1800rpm. Ive read on here if I change the gasket to one with a 9mm hole this should help. I know the part number is 028 131 547 B but I can't find it anywhere ? Also the link to show how to fit this doesn't seem to work anymore. The engine also shakes very violently when ticking over. I've have changed the fuel filter, clutch, DMF and cleaned out the EGR but nothing has stopped or helped this. Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Thanks :-)

It does sound like your suffering from the typical BLT EGR stutter at low revs however the engine shaking 'voilently' when ticking over could be something more serious. How many miles has it covered? - The reason I say this is because usually a rough idle can be an indication of top end wear on the camshaft/lobes. Hope it's not the case in your situation though! It's fairly easy to remove the cam cover and take a look.

What's the service history like? It's unlikely to be caused by cam wear at that mileage but that's only if the correct oil has been used at each service! It's very important on these you see.

I'd start by seeing if you can find the smaller EGR gasket and go from there, perhaps a local Skoda dealer could help in sourcing the part?

After that if it doesn't solve the rough idle you could try running some of this through the fuel system... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forte-Advanced-Formula-Diesel-Treatment/dp/B008COEA9S

Also check for worn engine mounts. 

You can check the timing with VCDS too it's called torsion value. Worth looking at because it's not hard to knock out on a cambelt change on these and that can lead to rough running. Bit of info here... http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/camshaft-timing-torsion-value-adjustment-on-vw-and-audi-pd-tdi-engines/

I've just had mine back after two weeks of running issues. I had a perfectly running car but was loosing coolant and pressuring the header tank.

Booked it in to have the head gasket replaced, the garage had the head lightly skimmed, cleaned the head/valves, lapped the seats, replaced the cam shells as they were badly worn, fitted a new coolant temp sensor(oem), thermostat, egr delete pipe and a darkside 13row thermo oil cooler.

Got my car back and it was running like a pig! Drove it less than 15 miles home, parked it up and arranged for them to come collect it. It developed a misfire when warmed up, the engine was violently trying to leave it's mounts and I had a horrible high pitched noise that I thought may be the turbo starting to fail...

Anyway the basics were checked, the timing was correct but in the end the judder and violent idle vibration was caused by an injector seal and injector. The turbo noise was actually my upper boost pipe hitting my alternator pulley!!!

But all well now. So you may have an issue related to injectors matey

I put a 9mm gasket onto the wife's SE in an attempt to cure the "BLT" hesitation, it worked but brought on the EML.

So for my next attempt, I put the old gaskets back in but adjusted the EGR with VAG COM from stored value 32768 to a new value of 33638 and problem solved no more BLT hesitation or EML's.

HTH

Bill.

As for shaking at idle, mine does it too (on occasion). I read it had something to do with the EGR at idle, and turning on the a/c puts slightly more demand on the engine and stops it.

This works for me. The Mrs. notices it more than I do, so whenever we travel anywhere and its stop/start we do it with the air con on.

Obviously yours might be a more severe problem, just thought I'd throw it out there.