Petrol Blue Metallic

Does anyone know whether any of the new demonstrators/showroom models hitting Skoda dealers at the moment are in Petrol Blue metallic.

From what I can see, they are all in silver/grey, white or black. 

According to a recent survey, Blue is now the favourite colour for new cars in the UK so it would be good to see it in that colour in the flesh.

Failing that, does anyone know whether the Petrol Blue in the Superb II is an exact match of the Petrol Blue in the Superb III as it would help in the decision making.

Does anyone know whether any of the new demonstrators/showroom models hitting Skoda dealers at the moment are in Petrol Blue metallic.

From what I can see, they are all in silver/grey, white or black. 

According to a recent survey, Blue is now the favourite colour for new cars in the UK so it would be good to see it in that colour in the flesh.

Failing that, does anyone know whether the Petrol Blue in the Superb II is an exact match of the Petrol Blue in the Superb III as it would help in the decision making.

It's the same paint code so will be exactly the same.

I'm quite keen on Petrol Blue myself.

And Petrol Blue is rather nice!

(I'm biased)

Didn't realise yours was Petrol Blue - might have to have a gander again.

This blue looks lovely under these lights, any idea which it is:

CM2w4NmWgAAub4u.jpg

Somehow looks kind of BMW 5 Series esq with those wheels.

• Like 1

Probably Petrol Blue, but all the colours in the image are "artificial". Someone's been playing with Photoshop.

I'm quite keen on Petrol Blue myself.

Didn't realise yours was Petrol Blue - might have to have a gander again.

CM2w4NmWgAAub4u.jpg

Somehow looks kind of BMW 5 Series esq with those wheels.

It must have been filthy when you saw it (boot mat, Towcester) and I recall the weather was foul. It looks at its best when the sun shines and the metallic flecks glint!

I believe petrol blue and lava blue are the same?  Here is lava blue.  Photo quality not brilliant as I only had my phone but its 'an on the road' picture anyway.  This is one I recently drove actually.

IMG_0772v_zpsfgedslpa.jpg

IMG_0775r_zpstrujlzzz.jpg

• Like 3

I believe petrol blue and lava blue are the same?  Here is lava blue.  Photo quality not brilliant as I only had my phone but its 'an on the road' picture anyway.  This is one I recently drove actually.

IMG_0772v_zpsfgedslpa.jpg

IMG_0775r_zpstrujlzzz.jpg

Thank you 170.  I think my mind is made up now.  Petrol Blue Metallic + Beige upholstery. Should look excellent

• Like 3

Hubby checked with Skoda UK difference between lava & petrol blue. Answer is they are the same.

In many European languages, lava (or a variant thereof) = to wash. So wash blue. Makes kind of sense. But in English, lava = what spews out of a volcano. So lava blue is nonsense, so they changed the name for the UK market. Not sure petrol blue makes sense either, but that's what they said.

It's apparently a greeny blue. Hope this helps.

Thank you 170. I think my mind is made up now. Petrol Blue Metallic + Beige upholstery. Should look excellent

Lovely combination! I think blue and beige looks really. That's what I'd consider next time as well.

I bought a petrol blue Yeti without seeing the colour in the flesh. The colour card at the dealer is nothing like and doesn't do it justice. Kept looking out for one on the roads and didn't see any!

When I picked the card up 4 weeks ago I liked it and like it even more now. As said, in sunlight it looks lovely.

• 4 weeks later...

Skoda seems to be using Race Blue colour(can be seen Octavia vrs and fabia catalogues.) in Genova and Frankfurt but selling that Lava Blue or Petrol Blue, I am sure it is not the lights in the showcase. Cars are in Race Blue

HEY SKODA WE WANT RACE BLUE ON SUPERB III

Skoda seems to be using Race Blue colour(can be seen Octavia vrs and fabia catalogues.) in Genova and Frankfurt but selling that Lava Blue or Petrol Blue, I am sure it is not the lights in the showcase. Cars are in Race Blue

HEY SKODA WE WANT RACE BLUE ON SUPERB III

I raised this too with Skoda management as I was convinced they had produced one in Race blue for Geneva. The choice of colours is decided by the factory (their words) which is odd and they said there was no call for it. Which is crazy as they don't produce it so how would they measure it???? The official answer was that Race blue is not available at the Superb factories only at Octavia's factories. 

I raised this too with Skoda management as I was convinced they had produced one in Race blue for Geneva. The choice of colours is decided by the factory (their words) which is odd and they said there was no call for it. Which is crazy as they don't produce it so how would they measure it???? The official answer was that Race blue is not available at the Superb factories only at Octavia's factories. 

Unfortunately they did the same in Frankfurt. I hope at least in Sportline they provide that colour.  @Gizmo68 unfortunately the led lights doesn't show lava blue that bright, tried and confirmed in the showroom.

Unfortunately they did the same in Frankfurt. I hope at least in Sportline they provide that colour.  @Gizmo68 unfortunately the led lights doesn't show lava blue that bright, tried and confirmed in the showroom.

Yes I thought they would have sportline  in race blue at Frankfurt in common with Octy VRS....as it stands though in their words they will need to create paintshop...

From what I understand, each factory has a limited range of colours, generally the fabia and Octavia share colours, the yeti and new superb share colours (and until it was discontinued, the roomster). The citigo shares colours with the up and mii (names may be different for same paint). Therefore wont get race blue superb.

I actually like the light alor blue that the seat factory do (its also on Q3 made in same plant). I think the superb colour choice is a bit limited if you ďont want white or grey.

• 1 month later...