Columbus and battery drain

It shows as being compatible (please note that I do not has dealer facilities to check these thing for certain) with an Octavia from 2004-2013 and seems to be a pretty new revision to the CAN Bus. As it is to listed on the Ross Tech page, then according to them, it is suitable.

Cars Equipment are pretty reliable.

I'd say that it will work. But it's your money and you need to be sure.

If all else fails, ask Eddie-NL.

He'll send you one pre-coded so it'll be straight swap then.

Now comes the fun bit - getting to the CAN Gateway to swap it...

I have pretty big hands and I managed to get to mine from inside the car. I don't know why but it just seemed easier than the thought of stripping external trim off to get to it!

Once you have removed the plastic trim below the steering wheel you can then access the relay board, unclip it and push it out the way. You can then stick your hand in behind it and feel the gateway there. It unclips then you can pull it forward enough to unplug the cable. I never managed to clip mine back in place but that may have been down to the extra wiring and module I also stuffed in there (the polar FIS+).

Phil

Hi, guys. can anyone tell me if this would work in my 57 plate pre-fl octavia

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OE-Can-Bus-Gateway-For-VW-Eos-Jetta-Golf-Touran-RNS315-RNS510-RCD510-7N0907530AM-/321553406129?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AOctavia|Cars+Year%3A2008&hash=item4ade1398b1

I'm not sure if i'm going to have the battery drain issue on my 3to mark columbus whuch should be arriving soon

Cheers