Michelin Crossclimate tyres

I took the plunge to fit 4 x Michelin Crossclimate tyres to my 2010 scout and after first week I am impressed with the handling.

Roll on the winter [emoji3]

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Coolio ...............

Am really tempted with these when my current tyres expire.

Mine will need replacing front and rear separately as they will wear out at different times. 

Contacted Michelin and they assured me that it okay to replace separately as long as replace in pairs and newer tyres go on rear  (as CC are compatible with both winter and summer tyres, so doesn't matter what tyres are on other axle)

My only concern is my spare.

I have a brand spanking new Pirelli summer tyre on the spare.

If I eventually switch all four to CC, will I need to replace my perfectly good spare too ?? 

I took the plunge to fit 4 x Michelin Crossclimate tyres to my 2010 scout and after first week I am impressed with the handling.

Roll on the winter [emoji3]

Sounds daft, but any pictures?

I'm running my third set of Dunlop Sport SP01 tyres on our Scout, the main reason is that they sit very well and contribute to the chunky looks. They also have great rim protection.

I've seen lots of used Scouts on Autotrader with different tyres on that look wrong.

I'd consider the CrossClimates next time round, but not without seeing them on a Scout first!

I'm thinking about these too as a possible alternative to switching between summer & winter sets.

snig71 - are yours 17"? I'm toying with buying 16" so that snow chains are an option, but I haven't convinced myself yet.

Got mine fitted at delivery, very impressed do far with the performance especially in the very wet summer we've had this year

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you want side in car shot, as well as close ups around arches?

Just one like this would be brill, this is my Scout with the summer Dunlops on...

IMG_6029_zps78ae9765.jpg

Hadn't heard about these till I saw this thread. Will be interested to see what users think of them after this coming winter. May be a good replacement for the Falken Euroall AS200 tyres I'm currently running.

Contacted Michelin and they assured me that it okay to replace separately as long as replace in pairs and newer tyres go on rear  (as CC are compatible with both winter and summer tyres, so doesn't matter what tyres are on other axle)

I'm surprised that they can tell you such bull**** that is not only wrong but even dangerous! I read Michelin CC specification that says it is suitable for winter driving. Some youtube videos proves that. So - we can consider this a winter tyre while your other 2 are summer tyres.

In winter CC will provide enough grip while braking but I'm not sure about your summer tyres. Usually they perform very poor in winter, especially if they are old and smooth... And imagine what happens in a curve when one 2 tyres have grip and 2 haven't...The golden says that you should never put winter tyres on one axle and summer tyres on the other.

I definetely do not recommend such action unless you are sure that there is no serious winter coming (in such case I don't see any reason for buying CC tyres).

Usually people put the better tyres on the front axle for front wheel driven cars for better handling and driving. Putting them on the rear axle has only one advantage - it avoids cars back from sliding in curves but such things usually happen only in wintertime or on gravel roads.

My only concern is my spare.

I have a brand spanking new Pirelli summer tyre on the spare.

If I eventually switch all four to CC, will I need to replace my perfectly good spare too ?? 

As Silver said, don't think about that. Your spare tyre is not for daily driving. Even though I didn't recommend using summer and winter tyres together, it can be done in exceptional situations when you understand circumstances and drive carefully.

Only just put 4 uniroyal RS3's on my octy and seen these, wish I noticed before as I'm looking for a good all round tyre for the taxi to save switching to proper winters

G

I'll post on here, how they do in the winter. Hopefully better than last year as it had summer tyres fitted on it when I bought it, God knows why.

Hadn't heard about these till I saw this thread. Will be interested to see what users think of them after this coming winter. May be a good replacement for the Falken Euroall AS200 tyres I'm currently running.

They ain't cheap, bust I could find in timescale was£126 a corner fully fitted

I'm thinking about these too as a possible alternative to switching between summer & winter sets.

snig71 - are yours 17"? I'm toying with buying 16" so that snow chains are an option, but I haven't convinced myself yet.

Yes mine are 17", couldn't be bothered changing wheels all the time. I had a set of Michelin low energy on my old passat 1.9 Pd estate and they lasted 45k before I had to change the front due issue with tyre, so I am hoping for good things from these. My scout had mix of Next on front originally and dunlops on rear, but they had to go as only summer tyres.

got mine from black circles for £116 each, and my skoda dealer is a black circles centre so they fitted them for me when the car arrived from Emden. Costco also sell them and are usually very competitive on price so if you know someone with a card it would be worth checking.

got mine from black circles for £116 each, and my skoda dealer is a black circles centre so they fitted them for me when the car arrived from Emden. Costco also sell them and are usually very competitive on price so if you know someone with a card it would be worth checking.

Have to check Costco out next time. Thats interesting though as I used black circle for mine and they cost just over the 500 mark for all 4. Are yours 225/50/17 ? I had them fitted and 4 wheel tracking done at ATS in Eastleigh, Southampton, Service was good and would go back again.

Have to check Costco out next time. Thats interesting though as I used black circle for mine and they cost just over the 500 mark for all 4. Are yours 225/50/17 ? I had them fitted and 4 wheel tracking done at ATS in Eastleigh, Southampton, Service was good and would go back again.

"4 x Michelin CrossClimate 205/50 R17 W (93), Reinforced   Price:  £465.10"

lifted direct from the Black Circles order confirmation