02 Octavia 110 tdi issues (possibly related problems)?

Hey guys, over the past week I've noticed that when sometimes when I Take a corner (mainly seems to happen pulling out of junctions) the battery warning light on the dash flickers on and off for a few seconds. Could it be A sign of something serious?

Also today when I was going up a small Hill at about 50 mph in 4th gear the turbo just stopped working a few seconds after I floored it. There was no odd smoke or warning lights it just seemed to stop working and as I result I had practically no power. Just wondering could these 2 faults be related and (regardless if they're related or not) how big a bill I could be facing to have them rectified? Oh and its just hit 132,000 miles if that helps?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Many Thanks

JH

I think you have 2 problems  first check the state of the aux belt and tensioner  if original it's pob'ly polished and riding on the backing    if it's ok and the alternator is also original the  brushes are worn short and or sticking in their guides because of carbon dust   shouldn't be expensive unless you need a new alternator     re the limp mode I guess it's sticky vanes or leaky vac control pipe which may also be past it's first flush of youth