Fabia Greenline II views on replacement tyres

RaeG

HI,

My Fabia Greenline II estate needs new tyres. Does anyone have a good recommendation for tyres that are no worse in grip performance than the originals but might deliver slightly better fuel economy / be a bit quieter?

• 7 months later...

I've done 98k in my greenline

Factory Dinlop Sport 69mpg(48k to 2mm)

Dunlop Blue Response 67 mpg (19k to 3mm)

Continental Eco Contact 73mpg (23k to 3mm)

Continental Premium contact 58mpg (8k still looking new)

Figures via Road Trip App

It's pretty much the same journey 75% of the time. The premium contacts are awesome in the wet but not 20% for someone who does 25k ish per year.

Hth

Maybe to late to reply but just for the sake of available information.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 (wintertyres, 185/65r14). 63 mpg in winter. Safety before mpg.

Barum Brillantis 2 (summertyres, 175/65r14) 71mpg on average and 81mpg on highway and I'm careful.

Gonna do some tweaks from ecomodders forum to see if i can reach 90+mpg by the end of this summer.

Edited by Truls84

I had the blueresponse on the front of mine, seemed ok, no real difference in measured MPG but seemed ok for grip and noise did about 4-5000 miles before I part ex'ed the car not sure on the wear but I think they where around 6-6.5mm after that mileageso was look at about the same life as the original Dunlop SP01's they replaced

The blue response seem a little quieter to me, then the original sports but cut road noise, the engine will seem more intrusive! My daughter likes her blu-earth tyres on her Yaris but as she does quite a bit of stop/start, not sure how the mpg or miles to worn ratio is!