Portable security

XLBaconDoubleCheese

If my insurance had a £250 upwards excess, id certainly have a chunkin great chain on it.

Afterall, thats how much it really costs you. That and the increase in premium for the years after

So go on then how much is yours?  I actually haven't looked at reducing the voluntary as yet but will before the 19th when it is due for renewal.  I have reduced it before either on the car or the bike I cannot recall which and it made virtually no difference in the premium.

So go on then how much is yours? I actually haven't looked at reducing the voluntary as yet but will before the 19th when it is due for renewal. I have reduced it before either on the car or the bike I cannot recall which and it made virtually no difference in the premium.

I think mines about £500 mate. But its kept in a locked garage.

Yeah i know what you mean. Ive had a play with it before.. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesnt (:

I am still scratching around trying to find something portable - has anyone any experience of these?

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/abus-locks_granit_detecto_8077_disclock_13-48mm?sc=30&category=211

Not seen one of those in the flesh, but according to Abus' own rating system it's their strongest disc lock.

• 1 month later...

Bought one of these after many weeks of looking. I couldn't find anything better that does what this does & is compact enough to fit under the rear seat.

http://www.abus.com/uk/Mobile-Security/Motorbike-Scooter/Brake-disc-locks/GRANIT-Detecto-X-Plus-8077-yellow

Unfortunately for me my parents knew I was looking for one of these & bought me one as a surprise & posted it to me after I'd bought mine & binned the packaging & I haven't got the heart to tell them that I've already got one.

If anyone wants a great portable security device at a reduced price for a quick sale then PM me.