Sat Nav

Hi all, I have a bolero unit in my octavia vrs at the moment. I fitted a sat nav on Saturday but looks like I need a new surround! I had to put the bolero back in. Where can I buy the correct surround? Also, is my bolero worth anything? I have a code for it.

Thanks

For the surround you will need to speak to a dealer or try a company like SuperSkoda. Depending on what type of finish your trim has be prepared for a costly piece of plastic; some facias are nearly £60! There's lots of info. on this subject on here. I think the second hand Bolero is worth about £100 these days.

Ah OK so the actual skoda parts. There are aftermarket OE style replacements which fit the Bolero/Stream fascia and standard double DIN units fit without issue too.

Like Sarge rightly says though, to fit the OEM units you do need a different fascia - they do vary in price. If your car is a prefacelift with black trim (or you're willing to change the silver to black) then they're about £15. If its a facelift with piano black then they're as much as £120 :o  Being a VRS I'm guessing it's silver trim so it's going to be about £60 either way I'd think

I'd look at some of the aftermarket ones - depending on how much you'd be paying for the Columbus/Amunsden - http://www.iceboxauto.com/vw-octavia-2007-2013-7-as610

I got columbus surround in black for 15 euro from skoda . They wanted 60 euro for the silver equivalent ,  but after doing a bit of searching i found out that "Vw satin silver" paint is an exact match to the silver vrs trim .  so ill be giving that a shot , ill post the results.

Also , Before any one comments on how naff it may look when painted , i dont see how.

The original fascia is not silver plastic its just spray painted silver.

Edited by lanciadub

That aftermarket one looks pretty good! Anybody else fitted one of these? Are they as good as The OE ones? Thanks for reply

Search this forum for AS620 - quite a few people have them and speak really highly of them. They're a bit....chinese. So you might get some weird bugs and things but you've got a lot more functionality than the OE units for a fraction of the cost

I got columbus surround in black for 15 euro from skoda . They wanted 60 euro for the silver equivalent ,  but after doing a bit of searching i found out that "Vw satin silver" paint is an exact match to the silver vrs trim .  so ill be giving that a shot , ill post the results.

Also , Before any one comments on how naff it may look when painted , i dont see how.

The original fascia is not silver plastic its just spray painted silver.

I'd be keen to hear how you get on too - I've got a standard double DIN HU and one thing that bugs me is that the fascia adapter is black - was contemplating vinyl wrapping the dash fascia and the stereo adapter so they match but if the paint matches then that may be a better idea!

Thanks Latviadub let me see the results not sure what to do now!

Thats Lancia dub :D  , I have to admit that the vrs is only my second fav car.......although close second to my Delta 

Be interested in your Bolero if you decide to sell it, and are willing to post across the irish sea (or an amundsen+ if you whip another one from work lol..!) 

Sorry lancia dub predictive text! Lol... I can get them from work but I never said cheap haha. I might keep the bolero not sure yet. Certainly not selling at the moment until I get the nav sorted. Thanks anyway

• 3 months later...

Ah OK so the actual skoda parts. There are aftermarket OE style replacements which fit the Bolero/Stream fascia and standard double DIN units fit without issue too.

Like Sarge rightly says though, to fit the OEM units you do need a different fascia - they do vary in price. If your car is a prefacelift with black trim (or you're willing to change the silver to black) then they're about £15. If its a facelift with piano black then they're as much as £120 :o  Being a VRS I'm guessing it's silver trim so it's going to be about £60 either way I'd think

I'd look at some of the aftermarket ones - depending on how much you'd be paying for the Columbus/Amunsden - http://www.iceboxauto.com/vw-octavia-2007-2013-7-as610

Hi, you wouldnt happen to know the part numbers for the cheaper black and piano black ones would you? Ive been given 1Z0 858 069 DL DF1 (£58) for the brushed alu (although elsewhere I have seen it as 1Z0 858 069 DK DF1) Its for a vRS FL

Thanks

Edited by Danntec

Just to add on here in case anyone else is after it, the carbon trim effect is: 1Z0 858 069 FB UV9 The brushed alu is 1Z0 858 069 DK DF1, think Im going to go for the Piano black, anyone a part number? Superskoda have it..http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-09-Facelift-NAVI-DIGITAL-dashboard-plate-PIANO-BLACK  couldnt find it on Skodaparts...found it..1Z0858069CQN77...only £120!

Does anyone have a picture with the Piano Black fitted, with silver trim elsewhere in the car, would be good to see what it looks like first, thanks..

Edited by Danntec