Parts order **** up :-(

I've got a real problem, ordered the rapid armrest from superskoda and came today. Opened it up to find the armrest itself is from the fabia iii but the rest of the parts are the rapid one :-( I'm not blaming super skoda as chances are it's not their fault but what the hell do I do if they won't help me out on this one? Don't suppose someone ordered a fabia iii armrest that got all the bits of the fabia but a rapid armrest? I was also a little shocked to see how low quality the fabia iii armrest actually is too! Not even metal frame like the Rapids! What's going on?

New model Rapid in my dealer showroom has the Fabia III armrest, as opposed to my Rapid which has the older armrest (from a Polo I believe)

• Like 1

New model Rapid in my dealer showroom has the Fabia III armrest, as opposed to my Rapid which has the older armrest (from a Polo I believe)

That's right, pre 11/14 Rapids/Toledos have the Polo armrest while the post 11/14 ones have the new Fabia one. Both the upper and the lower part is different between the two types so you can't mix and match them.

Edited by eyegr

Oh yes I am going to wait for a response from superskoda but I was hoping you guys would know if the fabia III one would fit the rapid I did test fit it and it fits fine but of course i've been sent the plastic covers that wrap around the armrest for the rapid which are MUCH smaller than the fabia III one. Anybody know if you can buy just the plastic covers for the armrests?

This armrest design goes right back to at least the Golf IV from the 90's; had the same thing in our Octy I.

About time it was updated  :D

TP

They're slow. Chris had this issue last week. See his "Spaceback nets... thread" for how it turned out.

It took a while, and I had to raise a PayPal dispute to finally get a response out of them, but when they did finally respond they replaced the incorrect item they sent me inside a week (without me having to send back the incorrect item).

It took a while, and I had to raise a PayPal dispute to finally get a response out of them, but when they did finally respond they replaced the incorrect item they sent me inside a week (without me having to send back the incorrect item).

Thanks for the advice they finally got back to me after raising a dispute!! Shouldnt have to wait till they get a dispute to talk to their customers in my opinion! Apparently they think it is a fault at the skoda factory where the wrong item has been put into the box.... If this is true i've just lost even more faith in the brand! A simple weighing of the final box would have told them there is a problem with the package as the weight difference of a hunk of fabia plastic and a lightweight alumninium rapid armrest would have been VERY clearly seen! Makes you worry about how they put the rest of the cars together if they cant box up an armrest with the right parts without making a **** up of it!

The LED boot light from SuperSkoda was the first thing I changed when I had the car 2 years ago and I was exceptionaly pleased with the result.  So seeing your comment Bidey I went out and checked my boot by going through the seat back and low and behold the lamp is on at a very low level. I have to say it has not seemed to cause any problems, the car normally stands for a week without moving and occasionally for two and I have had no problems with the battery or starting so I conclude the current drain is at a very low level.  Could this be the low level draw the system uses to check for bulb failure I have seen mentioned in other posts?

• Like 1

See the other post as i checked after 4 hours and still on.

But will refit based on your experience with still on dimly and no adverse effect after two weeks standing

Here's hoping! ;<)

An update for you guys if anybody is interested... Skoda Factory in the Czech Republic is at fault apparently so I have to say i've lost a lot of confidence in the brand i'm afraid :-(. Quality control on the end of these picking lines is obviously shoddy to non existent!!! Fabia III parts being mixed in with Rapid parts and vice versa not good at all!!!!

I've to send it back to them presumably at my cost for a replacement :-(

Not happy really :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Final update :-) SuperSkoda have been fantastic. Slow to initially respond but they reimbursed my postage in the form of an item off their website (So go the LED trunk light) and got the Skoda factory to send out a new Armrest :-)

YEY Happy :-)

Also just to confirm now i've had both in my hands, The new Fabia III armrest quality is SHOCKING compared to the older Rapid armrest! Fabia III armrest doesnt even have the felt like lining the rapid one has!

Just hope this isnt a sign of the times to come for skoda as im seriously interested in a superb after going to the launch event. After seriously poking around and at one point getting told off for poking a little too deep it seems much better built than anything ive ever seen out of skoda before!