Transmission Failure (differential) in 1.3 carb Felicia Combi

Aqui les cuento una anecdota que tuve recientemente con mi transmision Skoda Felicia 1.3 de carburador.

Pues la transmision se me daño en un viaje que hice de algunos 434 kilometros recorridos, gracias a dios pude traer el vehiculo hasta la casa, aun faltandome la mitad del recorrido, por eso digo que me gusta la dureza y fiabilidad de este vehiculo.

Luego de desmontar la transmision, descubri que el problema fue que se salio uno de los engranajes satelites del diferencial, por lo que abrio tremendo orificio en la transmision por donde se salio toda la grasa, y terminado de dañar la base donde se sujeta el el varillaje de la palanca de cambio.

Mas abajo pondre fotos de como quedo la transmision averiada.

Naturalmente cambie la transmision pero al parecer no me percate de que la transmision usada que habia comprado pertenecia a un motor 1.6mpi del año 96, pues tenia los cambios de marcha mas largos en cuanto a la relacion final, en pocas palabras con mi transmision 1.3 en 5ta marcha a 100 km/h la aceleracion del motor era 2.800rpm, pero con la transmision 1.6 a la misma velocidad, la aceleracion del motor era solo de 2,000 rpm.

Pero la cosa no termina aqui, pues tambien tenia otro problema y es que la 1ra y 2da marchas estaban muy duras para aplicarlas, esto debido a que como mencione al principio, era una transmision  del año 96, por lo que el orificio donde se coloca el varillaje de los cambios en la transmision 96 lleva un tornillo 10mm y el hoyo es mas ancho que el de la transmision 2000 que lleva un pin y el hoyo es mas fino.

Gracias a Dios, nuevamente tuve que cambiar la transmision por la que lleva mi vehiculo, ya que con la transmision 1.6 el motor se sentia mas desahogado, pero sin fuerzas, ahora con la 1.3 se siente mucho mas suave y con mas fuerza en el recorrido, esto debido a que un motor de pocos CV como el mio necesita una relacion de cambios cortas para mantenerlo siempre en el rango de funcionamiento optimo, y no solo eso, sino que la respuesta al acelerar sea lo mas pronta posible en subir al rango optimo de RPM, eso que esta marcado en color verde en nuestros tacometros entre las 20 y las 37 x 100RPM. 

Bueno ya para terminar, solo tengo un pequeño problema en la actualidad y es que el cluth empieza a agarrar muy arriba, pero segun lo que he investigado esto ha sido debido a que no compre el kit original, sino uno reemplazo mas barato que venden aqui en RD, eso es lo que a uno le pasa por no comprar repuestos originales.

BUeno esta fue mi anecdota, mas abajo muestro las fotos recuperadas de esta historia, y espero esto les sirva a algunos colegas de RD y del mundo.

Nueva vez agradezco el pertenecer a este grupo tan importante para todos.

================================================================================

Here I'll tell you an anecdote that recently had with my transmission Skoda Felicia 1.3 carburetor.

As the transmission is hurting me on a trip I made some 434 kilometers traveled, thank God could bring the car to the house, even faltandome halfway, so I say that I like the strength and reliability of this vehicle.

After removing the transmission, I discovered that the problem was that it came one of the planetary gear differential, so I opened tremendous hole in the transmission where all the fat went, and finished damaging the underlying surface holds the the linkage of the shift lever.

Below put pictures of how it turned out faulty transmission.

Naturally change the transmission but apparently did not realize that he had bought transmission used belonged to a motor 1.6mpi the year 96, because I had longer changes underway as to the final report, in a few words with my transmission 1.3 in the 5th up to 100 km / h acceleration engine was 2.800rpm, but with 1.6 transmission at the same speed, the acceleration of the engine was only 2,000 rpm.

But it does not end here, as also had another problem is that the 1st and 2nd gears were very hard to implement this because as I mentioned at the beginning of the year was a transmission 96, so that the hole where it is placed linkage changing transmission 96 carries a 10mm screw and the hole is wider than the transmission 2000 wearing a pin and the hole is finer.

Thank God again had to change the transmission by carrying my car, because with the 1.6 engine transmission was more filed, but no strength, now with the 1.3 feels much smoother and more strongly on the course this because a few hp engine like mine needs a short relationship forever keep the optimum operating range changes, and not only that, but the throttle response be as prompt as possible to climb to the optimum range RPM, I that that is marked in green in our speedometers between 20 and 37 x 100RPM.

Well and finally, I have only a small problem today is that the cluth starts to grab high up, but according to what I've researched this was because they did not buy the original kit, but a cheaper replacement to sell here RD, that's what one happens not to buy original spare parts.

Well this was my anecdote, below I show the photos recovered from this story, and I hope this will serve some colleagues of RD and the world.

New once belonging to thank for all this important group.

Here some pics of the old and damage parts:

post-104654-0-52915800-1441478444_thumb.jpg
post-104654-0-18880800-1441478458_thumb.jpg
post-104654-0-00760200-1441478488_thumb.jpg

post-104654-0-09367600-1441478516_thumb.jpg
IN RED: The damagge of the transmission a big orificce thaths leave the satellite gears thaths comes out of thir places.
IN YELLOW: One of the visual differences betwen the 1.6(left) and the 1.3(right) transmissions, is the bag that in the yellow circle. 

post-104654-0-93898600-1441478470_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Felicia is a reliable car if it is not neglected or abused. Proper maintenance and original parts make it run perfectly. But Felicia is a family car made for asphalt roads, not for off-roads. Judging by the photos, the car needs more TLC. Maybe a garage too. You don't swap a transmission on the street...

Edited by RicardoM