Is this Petrol Blue metallic?

Oddly enough I had the same thoughts as I was convinced this is Race blue made especially for the show I even spoke to Skoda about ordering our Superb in Race blue but they replied it was not available at the factory where the Superb is made. Maybe it is the strong show lights as most Skoda colours do look different in varying lights....would dearly like to know from someone who went to the show whether it was an optical effect or a show special?

Never ever EVER base your choice of car colour on a car viewed under artificial light. You absolutely have to see it in daylight to get a true image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Yes that is petrol blue... BUT it looks nothing like that day to day under natural light!

• Like 1

Guessing warmer natural light will bring in more yellow making the car look more green in natural light. I've seen Cappuccino Beige in the flesh, and a small paint ball thing in the dealer of Brunello Rosso red but don't think I've seen the Petrol Blue. And all the images from Google search look completely different colours of blue or green. Does it change appearance that much, almost like an iridescent paint?

+1

Yes that is petrol blue... BUT it looks nothing like that day to day under natural light!

I'm going to order it and only drive it in showrooms! Really like the colour under artificial lighting...

• Like 1

It is definitely petrol blue (I have a roomster in this colour)

The spotlights are distorting it on the upper panels, it tends to look darker in normal light, (like the bumpers or lower spoiler in photo in the post above, or side panels on initial post which are away from the glare of the lights).

The wheels look like the optional 19 inch as well, but show cars usually have options.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

It is definitely petrol blue (I have a roomster in this colour)

The spotlights are distorting it on the upper panels, it tends to look darker in normal light, (like the bumpers or lower spoiler in photo in the post above, which are away from the glare of the lights).

Thanks for that. If you can spare a few minutes can you check out the possibly "Petrol Blue" cars in the youtube clips? Is this how it looks under normal sunlight?

And why call it Petrol Blue, as a web search ends up finding cars that have petrol engines and are blue, even when using "Petrol Blue" to try and match exact phrase :(

Edited by Zapirian

Yes it's petrol blue but doesn't look like it should in real life. Here are some pics (in the thread below) I took of petrol blue (or lava blue, same thing) on a dull, but more realistic, environment.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/368589-Petrol-Blue-Metallic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1