decat?

staykingish

im going for a decat tomorrow heard some horror stories of people having major problems after decats

Do I need it mapped for it to be safe or can I just get it done and forget about it or is it a no-go?

Thanks in advance guys was really looking forward to it and not so sure now

mine has a decat.   The car goes well, but my problem is the smell (and soot all over the back side in no time)...can't keep my windows down at the lights. Now not sure it's fine or not. (had remap and EGR delete as well)

mine has a decat.   The car goes well, but my problem is the smell (and soot all over the back side in no time)...can't keep my windows down at the lights. Now not sure it's fine or not. (had remap and EGR delete as well)

I have a decat full milltek on my fabia vrs and I hardly get any smoke which I was surprised with!
Didn't notice any difference really but sounds so much better!

How long have you guys had the decat?

Edited by staykingish

I had my decat and EGR delete done and got my remap done about 5 months afterwards, had no problems with it at all

EMS light was showing on the dash because of the EGR delete until it was mapped out

love it tbh, i was reading into it before i got it done and read about people blowing turbo's and stuff like a day after doing it but i guess if you're turbo is about to go any time soon then it's going to go anyway, i put my foot down everywhere i went and turbo was fine and still is 2 months after the remap, also didn't get any over boost like some people have mentioned

the smell is quite strong on a cold start but never noticed it in traffic or when driving with windows down, usually just on the drive for about 2 minutes of starting the engine

I had my decat and EGR delete done and got my remap done about 5 months afterwards, had no problems with it at all

EMS light was showing on the dash because of the EGR delete until it was mapped out

love it tbh, i was reading into it before i got it done and read about people blowing turbo's and stuff like a day after doing it but i guess if you're turbo is about to go any time soon then it's going to go anyway, i put my foot down everywhere i went and turbo was fine and still is 2 months after the remap, also didn't get any over boost like some people have mentioned

the smell is quite strong on a cold start but never noticed it in traffic or when driving with windows down, usually just on the drive for about 2 minutes of starting the engine

how long have you been running the decat now?

and my turbo is brand new