Camera for a noobie.

theezenutz

Can someone who knows more than me point me in the direction of a decent camera that only cost about £100 give or take.

I've been wanting to buy a camera for a while now and as I've recently broke my iphone my new phone has a rubbish camera.

I'm not looking for professional quality just something that is reasonably small but can take a decent photo many times I've tried to capture a picture and been left disappointed at the final result.

Cheers

Maybe look at 2nd hand? I'm not professional or a snob, but I believe you may struggle a little bit with that type of budget. These were taken by my wife on her old Nikon J1. A great little camera, not worth a lot 2nd hand which is great for the buyer. She's already sold hers so I'm not trying to make a sale here!! Lenses are more important than the camera.

_DSC1211_zpscsl3vgho.jpg

_DSC0736_zpsehodrjvf.jpg

DSC_9731_zpshhksu9w0.jpg

DSC_0254_zpsnt6hvuav.jpg

• Like 1

Second hand Olympus TG3 or Fuji X series

basically a tough camera & the Fuji & Olympus are very good

I am bias as I have both & a current TG4 which is brilliant & does stuff usually found on expensive bridge or SLR's................

• Like 1

I have a Panasonic DMC FZ 45 . Its a bridge camera so not to complex and not just a point and click .
Ebay they are going for under £100

There is a facebook page for Panasonic DMC FZ 45  join and have a look at some of the pictures .

A higher determination or greater zoom reach doesn't improve the camera. Now and then you're never searching for the camera with the most megapixels or longest zoom. Verify it fits serenely in your grasp and that it's not all that enormous or substantial that you'll like to abandon it at home. It ought to give snappy access to the most ordinarily utilized capacities, and menus ought to be just organized, legitimate and simple to learn. Touch-screen models can take into consideration more prominent usefulness, however can likewise be disappointing if the controls and menus are ineffectively sorted out or the screen can't be aligned to your touch. You can use this website for your future resume writing works.

• 5 weeks later...

If you haven't already bought one, there are two basic options, a 'bridge' camera - they usually have very good zoom capacity, but a small photographic sensor (about 3 grains of rice wide, about the same as the one in a good cameraphone), or a DSLR.  DSLR have a photographic sensor that's something more like a postage stamp, so you get better pictures, but they can't match the zoom length of a bridge.  

Fuji make good bridge cameras, you can buy new for about £160, they have one permanently attached lens.  If you want to go for a DSLR, they start around £250, and the cheap ones have limited bells and whistles, but if you buy Canon or Nikon you'll be able to use all of their lenses, which work across their ranges (until you get to the really expensive full-frame cameras).  

You'll get a lot of bells and whistles in a £160 bridge camera, and a brilliant zoom range, but the photos will never be as good as a DSLR.  If you're really on a budget, you can look on ebay for second hand bridge cameras, you'll find loads of them there for around the £100 mark.

Hope this is useful