Remapping a petrol vRS?

Here the Standard Fabia does 0-62 in 6.1 Seconds and neither car has reached a Terminal 100 mph

in under 14.4 seconds,

that is with a start in ideal conditions.

& Here the GTR just does not get off the line that quick against a standard FWD 180ps Minimum 1390cc Fabia Estate.

• Like 1

Where did the 0-100mph change to an 11 and a bit second 1/4 mile?  What have I missed now!  :think:

Gaz

Its all relative , if a car did a 1/4 mile in 11 seconds then it would probably pull 115-120 terminal speed, however a car running high 11's would run about 110mph and hit 100 mph in about 11 seconds from the start , acceleration is acceleration.

There is no way by adding 100 hp to MK3 TSI that it would A) be able to run more than 100 mph in the 1/4 mile or B) be able to run faster than a 13 second run

So I think its a**e gravy of the highest order and nothing but sales talk

Not saying it wouldnt be a lot of fun but if you cant get the hp down then its pretty pointless and my stock TSI struggles off the line with 220

Here the Standard Fabia does 0-62 in 6.1 Seconds and neither car has reached a Terminal 100 mph

in under 14.4 seconds,

that is with a start in ideal conditions.

& Here the GTR just does not get off the line that quick against a standard FWD 180ps Minimum 1390cc Fabia Estate.

A RWYB is never a good way to judge anothers cars performance , the GTR can hit 60 in less then 3 seconds and easily run a 11 second 1/4

I did say 600bhp. pretty certain they've done a few upgrades/mods to get to that point  :notme:

My point was though, Revo where working with Skoda UK and will have done extensive testing from standard equipment all the way to the spec that did the trial.

That was listed as a 0-100 time not the 1/4 mile, but they're not my figures, just quoted from their site.

As for the R, apart from the 4WD (a big advantage obviously), the octavia would have a higher bhp and lower weight so better power to weight ratio, plus an extra 70mn torque.

Never fear though, for the R guys, they can also chip it and add their own 70bhp and get their 0-60 times down to 3.7 seconds.

Theres some massive gains in these next gen VAG engines!

Interesting thread here in the MLR with posts from the guy who built the Skoda engine, also has a link the Bonneville video 

http://lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=386857

Can hit 60 in 3 Seconds.   Thats the rub, Can, Would, Should & Might, maybe and often never happens.  

So all being well they can accelerate fast, and the AWD is good, as long as they do not bog down, or have on the wrong tyres on a diesel slick road in the UK,

and if it really matters because the car in Front on the road might be a Toyota, and a Toyota Yaris doing 50 mph.

So the 0-100 MPH of a Remapped Skoda Family sized car if being used on UK roads only is really neither here nor there.

Like with most Volswagen Group cars or any others,

how often do you use Launch Control at the traffic lights to even get the published 0-62 MPH (100 km times) ?

Then remember and switch that Traction Control off, or a 50 cc Auto Clutch Pizza Delivery Moped might blow you off to 30 mph & the next lights.

The GTR has launch control , they are idiot proof :)

I dont use launch control on my cars but along with the torque app and a private road or drag strip I can get close to the manufacturers figures, spent Saturday doing that very thing in fact

Idiot Proof.

Do you think the Fast Nissan in the Video did 0-62 mph in 3 seconds on that occasion ? Or even 60 mph.

Maybe the driver was not trying, or switched off the Idiot Proof Launch Control.

0-30 MPH does not look that impressive,

because we know that a Twincharge vRS is not quick 0-30 even an Estate with 190 bhp.

http://autorooster.com/0-60times/nissan/gtr

http://crailraceway.co.uk/recordsdrive.php?drive=AWD

Lots of cars better the Manufacturers figures by quite a lot.

Often a Skoda or Seat will beat the figures that the VW or Audi that was heavier but with the same engine was 

given at Launch, because often the VW way is that the more expensive models on paper can not appear to be doing not so good performance as the brand and the bottom of the VW Pyramid.