Fitting r32 front arb

P34RC3

Big bolts are for the sub frame, you will need your wheels off, take the pressure off the drop link and undo this first on both sides,drop the sub frame down just the 4 big bolts (might have to undo the steering rack but don't worry), this gives you enough access to the 12 or 13mm bolts that are in, take them out then side the arb either backwards or forwards then to one side of the car, lube up your new bushes using the grease, pop them on your r32 arb and slide the arb back in and then reverse what you have done should take no more than a hour tops and that's using ha d tools, I do them on my back just on axel stands

Big bolts are for the sub frame, you will need your wheels off, take the pressure off the drop link and undo this first on both sides,drop the sub frame down just the 4 big bolts (might have to undo the steering rack but don't worry), this gives you enough access to the 12 or 13mm bolts that are in, take them out then side the arb either backwards or forwards then to one side of the car, lube up your new bushes using the grease, pop them on your r32 arb and slide the arb back in and then reverse what you have done should take no more than a hour tops and that's using ha d tools, I do them on my back just on axel stands

Nice cheers for that. What do the bolts have to be torqued to? Or is it just ft?

DSC_0009_zpsohjevyyr.jpg

Hi,

Ive got the same Superpro 23mm bushes for when i get round to fitting a r32 farb, i noticed mine are solid (no split to snap them over the farb), are yours the same?.

Does this mean you have to slide them on from each end of the bar?.

When I replaced the std farb bushes (19mm) with Superpro ones, they did have a split on the lower half of the bush so you could snap them over the bar.

Hi,

Ive got the same Superpro 23mm bushes for when i get round to fitting a r32 farb, i noticed mine are solid (no split to snap them over the farb), are yours the same?.

When I replaced the std farb bushes (19mm) with Superpro ones, they did have a split on the lower half of the bush so you could snap them over the bar.

I'll have to check but they look solid in the picture I took.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Ive got the same Superpro 23mm bushes for when i get round to fitting a r32 farb, i noticed mine are solid (no split to snap them over the farb), are yours the same?.

there should be a split in them, daft idea to expect to slide over each end of ARB. My 23mm bushes had split